Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blackbird Clara Concert - REVIEW

Default Blackbird Clara Concert - REVIEW

One of the most enjoyable tests I've ever done with a ukulele. I SO want this instrument!!!

http://www.gotaukulele.com/2016/10/b...le-review.html
    The GOT A UKULELE REVIEWS DATABASE!

www.gotaukulele.com - uke reviews, songs, tips & tricks for beginners!

Help Support Got A Ukulele!

Ukes include (!) Kanile'a K1 Tenor, Tinguitar custom solid tenor, Fluke, Flea, Kamaka HF-1, Koaloha KTM-00, Tinguitar Reclaimed Mahogany soprano

Excellent review as usual. I was fortunate enough to get one of these a few weeks ago, and can't wait for it to get here next week (it is currently with Blackbird).

You WON'T be disappointed.

Ukes include (!) Kanile'a K1 Tenor, Tinguitar custom solid tenor, Fluke, Flea, Kamaka HF-1, Koaloha KTM-00, Tinguitar Reclaimed Mahogany soprano

I don't really care for low G, so I'm hoping I'll enjoy it as much as you seem to with mine strung with a high G. It sounds like I would need to try a warmer string if it's going to be strung high G.

Yes, it's certainly very bright. Saying that - Blackbird do offer high G as an official option, so they must be happy with it.

I got one of these earlier this year after seeing it at a Kimo Hussey class at ASU. It is by far the nicest thing I own. It's really, really, really, really good. I would absolutely buy it again.
    "If a lot of people play the ukulele, the world would be a better place to live."

Quote Originally Posted by whmeltonjr View Post
    I don't really care for low G, so I'm hoping I'll enjoy it as much as you seem to with mine strung with a high G. It sounds like I would need to try a warmer string if it's going to be strung high G.
    Don't worry, sounds great either way. I had mine strung reentrant with Aquila Reds and it sounded awesome. Had a nice vintage "thang" to it. Those strings aren't for everyone, but most strings are relatively inexpensive so experiment and tell what your ears prefer.
    More an appreciator of the ukulele than a true player. My motto is: "Don't matter how good it ring if it ain't got some bling."

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.—Voltaire

Curious about the relative importance of tonewood vs. the luthier? See Luthiers for a Cause to learn more!

Great review as always. A Clara is still at the top of my bucket list. I think it certainly rules it's price range.

The more I play my Clara the more I like it. Preferred strings (so far) are Oasis warms in High G. I do low G every so often just for variety, but high G suits my music choices better. I've liked Aquila reds in other formats, so I'll have to try those soon.
    Blackbird Clara
    Concert Flea
    Pono MB
    Deering Goodtime Banjo Uke (concert)
    Gold Tone Resouke
    Hadean Uke-Bass
    Gold Tone Microbass
    Deering Goodtime Special (5-string banjo)

Buckle Up
    http://ut.zerofatalities.com/

Baz, thanks for another great review. I'm very interested in these ukes made by Blackbird, either the BTU carbon fiber or the Clara, some day, when I have the funds....

Your review confirms my own impressions from afar, as I've not had the pleasure to play one yet.

Thanks for keeping on with giving us such detailed and honest reviews.

Many of us here on UU really do appreciate it.
    This ═╣FAQ link╠═ will help you learn about many things.
    You should click it, as the answers are waiting for you.

Thread Information