The *best* tuner???

Anyone else use the NS Micro Soundhole tuner? Mine falls into the Pono occasionally, doesn't hold very well.

Noticed there's an updated Snark SN6, the SN6X. Looks to have less and fatter graduation bars.

Last edited:
These are my favourites too, they are great little tuners.

I agree, the D'addario is so easy and so small and cheap and easy to use I keep one permanently attached to the headstock of each uke (and guitar).

I have watched my fair share of videos comparing tuners on guitars and the overall conclusion is that most all tuners work about the same.

On that note, I have used the D'Addario NS Micro Clip-On Tuner for all of my ukes. I did purchase a few of those Reverb specials but I give those away. (too big for me)
BTW, the D'Addario NS Micro Clip-On Tuner can be used to flat tune as it shows the #'s. And you can drop to 410Hz and up to 480Hz with the NS.

Actually, I like to keep my NS micro turned on when I practice so I can see and hear how well I am articulating each note.
My :2cents:

I have been working with 110 of the $4 Reverb tuners. They are holding up in the classroom (5 weeks in) and they are as fast and accurate as my Snark SN-6 models. I also have a few other tuners around including two sound hole tuners (D'Addario) which also fall into the ukuleles they are attached to. The sound hole tuners DO NOT work with the Outdoor Ukulele line.

I have had issues with SN-6 models working on Waterman ukuleles. The Reverb tuners do fine.

Don't know the wisdom of picking up an old thread, but...

Has anyone here tried the newer (and possibly already discontinued?) Snark Napoleon uke tuners?
I did a search on UU and it seems no one has mentioned them.

There's some on bulk on Ebay for what seems like a screamin' deal. Here's some priced at $30 for 10:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/274045399531

I give away some ukes, etc. to mission driven groups and individuals, and am interested in affordability.
Actually thought of your classroom today with these today, Chris.

Last edited:
Don't know the wisdom of picking up an old thread, but...

Has anyone here tried the newer (and possibly already discontinued?) Snark Napoleon uke tuners?
I did a search on UU and it seems no one has mentioned them.

There's some on bulk on Ebay for what seems like a screamin' deal. Here's some priced at $30 for 10:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/274045399531

I give away some ukes, etc. to mission driven groups and individuals, and am interested in affordability.
Actually thought of your classroom today with these today, Chris.

If it is indeed made by Snark, it is probably fine for a no-frills basic ukulele headstock tuner. You probably can't adjust the Hz. Just GCEA and that's it. So, it's no doubt fine for give away ukes. If one gets lost ot breaks it's no big deal.

Yes, I have the same problem with mine and any uke I've tried except one baritone. But it's paid for, so I use it.

Anyone else use the NS Micro Soundhole tuner? Mine falls into the Pono occasionally, doesn't hold very well.

Noticed there's an updated Snark SN6, the SN6X. Looks to have less and fatter graduation bars.

"Jowoom T2 Smart Tuner"

That takes all the fun out of it! Like when they started fitting cars with electric starters. No skill required, reduced sense of involvement, no admiring glances when you deftly achieve your objective.

Bah! Humbug!

John Colter

My favorite so far is the Peterson Stroboclip. Far sturdier and more accurate than a snark. Seems to have better battery life too. As a bonus it has pitch adjustment and other neat functions. Only downside: $60 price tag. But if you are an everyday player, it is easily worth it.

The NS Micro didn't work for me at all... opening and closing the clip is far too difficult. IMO you are at serious risk of damaging your top if you attach it to a softwood soundhole like spruce.

Last edited:
"Jowoom T2 Smart Tuner"

That takes all the fun out of it! Like when they started fitting cars with electric starters. No skill required, reduced sense of involvement, no admiring glances when you deftly achieve your objective.

Bah! Humbug!

John Colter

Haha, reminds me of when I first got a motorbike without a kickstarter. "Seriously? I have to rely on the battery to work??? Yikes! Where's my backup? Push start?"

Top Bottom