E is for the bluEs!

pabrizzer

Reaction score
Key of E is probably the most popular key for the blues.
So your key of E song should be a blues song.
Preferably 12 bar but you can go 8 or 10.
Less than 3 minutes please.
Two weeks to bring something along.
Newly recorded for this challenge please.
There will be a trivial prize.

PLAYLIST

Last edited:
Does this have to be a classic 12 bar blues, or can it be a slight variation? I got one I think might work well, but it's as much rhythm and blues as straight blues.

Cover the ears of minors - vintage smut approaching...unless you actually believe it is about a man's talent as a carpenter.

This was first recorded in 1941 by both Tony Hollins and Tommy McLennan, but apparently it was written by Richard "Hacksaw" Harney. How that nickname is related to the song is anybody's guess.

So many of us have done this song it's practically a sing-a-long. So glad to have Audrey here to do this with me!

12 Bar Blues in E Written by Nobel Pize Winner Bob Dylan. Congratulations Mr Zimmerman!

12 Bar Blues in E Written by Nobel Pize Winner Bob Dylan. Congratulations Mr Zimmerman!

I was listening to "Love and Theft" by Bob Dylan in preparation for seeing him last Sunday, and figured I would try to do something with this number. To my delight, he did it in concert too. Didn't he win some kind of prize recently?

Echoes in the Dark

Ok, I spent way too much time on this for a two and a half minute song, but I enjoyed every challenging minute of it. This one is about Daniel Kish, who, due to retinal cancer had his eye removed at the age of 13 months, and subsequently taught himself to echolocate like a bat. He now spends his life trying to bring this skill to other visually challenged people. I know it doesn't spound much like the blues at this point, but it did start out that way... :) Thanks for listening, and thanks again to pa, for this excellent series of challenges!

Thanks Pa and everyone who made this interesting and such wide variety of Blues. I enjoyed it.

My prize made its way around the world and arrived yesterday. Thanks Pa!;)

Top Bottom