1 hour routine?

kierannestor

Reaction score
well since my first question went so well i thought i'd try another one :D

basically im busy studying for my college tests at the moment so for the 4 days that i had my uke i've only been able to play it for around and hour or an hour and a half at most, i seem to have got the hang of strumming, some of the major scales, some major chords and a little bit of chunking altough i only started practicing that 30 mins ago!

how would ye recommend that i spend my hour a day so i get the most out of the time that i can give my uke at the moment?

Cheers,
Kieran:shaka:

It doesn't sound like you are working on any songs. Use the technical exericises as warmups and to spot check areas in songs that need improvement. Play scales and you'll be good at playing scales. Play songs and you'll be good at playing songs.

ok then thanks for the advice songs being learned now off that big song book from another thread :D

Last edited:
An hour a day is lot of time to spend with the ukulele in hand. It's good time, no doubt, but unless you aspire to uke greatness, it's plenty for now.

Go through a couple of song lists and pick a few with chords you already know how to reach. Build up about 6-8 songs. Each day, open your book and practice a few scales, then play each of your songs three times. Song 1 - three times, then song 2 three times ... you get the idea. That'll take about an hour.

As you get better, introduce songs with chords that make you work a little harder. Pay attention to how strum patterns affect the song.

priorities....

Now how did that priority list work out again? Lets see....

1) God first....
2) family second...
3) school third?

or was it....

1) God first....
2) family second...
3) uke third?

that sounds better.....:D
shawn

http://ukulelefriend.com

Here's something I've just recently started doing that I'm finding extremely helpful. Spend a little time each day playing with your eyes closed. Use a song you have already gotten comfortable with and play through the entire thing with your eyes closed. I find it really helps build the muscle memory.

An hour a day is lot of time to spend with the ukulele in hand. It's good time, no doubt, but unless you aspire to uke greatness, it's plenty for now.

Go through a couple of song lists and pick a few with chords you already know how to reach. Build up about 6-8 songs. Each day, open your book and practice a few scales, then play each of your songs three times. Song 1 - three times, then song 2 three times ... you get the idea. That'll take about an hour.

As you get better, introduce songs with chords that make you work a little harder. Pay attention to how strum patterns affect the song.

great that sounds like a good practice plan, thanks for the help + i might try that eyes closed thing when i get a bit better i used to do it with my acoustic guitar so i know that it does work :D
Cheers everybody:shaka:

Top Bottom