Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oahu Cases

Default Oahu Cases

I picked up a couple of soprano cases from The Ukulele Site, which recently took over Oahu cases. Nobody sees a broader selection of ukes across all price ranges than The Ukulele Site, so who better to design and build the best cases than the ukulele experts.

The Ukulele Site lists the case dimensions for the Oahu cases on their site, which is helpful. I'm sure they'll be fine-tuning them over the first few batches they spec, but I'm really liking what I see in these first two.

Leather-covered Fiberglass. This case is really smart looking in all black with a bit of red stitching:

It fits a standard, vintage-style ukulele like a glove around the body with ample room above the headstock:

The case has a carry strap and also has "feet" on its bottom to make it easy to stand up, and on its back and side. It also has a small interior compartment. You can fit a Snark inside it if you position it just right.

It's as nicely constructed as the Crossrock 1000's I've owned.

Arched-top Tweed Hardshell Wood. This case fits a larger soprano. My Kinnard soprano fits, though it is extremely snug. But these sopranos are larger bodied than most any soprano you'll find.

This case is super strong - I stood on it without issue (170 lbs). This case sports a larger storage compartment, thought it does not have a carry strap.

The overall construction is quite nice. As good as most wooden hard cases I've seen, save for something like an Ameritage. And better looking than most hard cases I've seen. When you factor in the price ($48-$56 depending on size), it's an incredible value.

I have not gotten one yet, but the Oahu Pro Gig Bags look fantastic for $75!
    More an appreciator of the ukulele than a true player. My motto is: "Don't matter how good it ring if it ain't got some bling."

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.—Voltaire

Curious about the relative importance of tonewood vs. the luthier? See Luthiers for a Cause to learn more!

Thank you for the good pictures and the reviews. Those Oahu cases look really nice.
    "If a lot of people play the ukulele, the world would be a better place to live."

Very good review Eddie thanks for doing that. I really like what a see with the new Oahu cases. The fiberglass and leather tenor and baritone size comes with backpack straps which is a great idea
    Currently enjoying these ukuleles : *LdfM tenor, *LfdM 19" super tenor. *LfdM baritone, *I'iwi tenor , *Koolau tenor, *Webber tenor, *Kimo tenor, *Kimo super concert, *Mya Moe baritone, *Kamaka baritone, *Gianinni baritone, *Fred Shields walnut pineapple super soprano, *Kala super soprano, *Loprinzi super soprano, *Black bear ULO concert , *Enya X1 concert, *Enya X1 pineapple soprano, *Enya Nova *Gretsch tenor, *Korala plastic concert

These both look to be improvements over the original Oahu arch top case. I like the addition of the rubber feet. Hopefully the hardware is higher quality also. It is nice to see that the premier retailer of Ukuleles remains committed to supplying better and better products.

I like that they have tweed. I have too many that look the same��

I just picked up a leather covered fiberglass tenor case from The Ukulele Site and agree with Eddie, great case and good value.

Mitch

They are sharp looking. Thanks for putting up the review Eddie.

Has anyone bought the suede covered version yet?
    http://www.theukulelesite.com/oahu-a...ede-tenor.html
    Moore Bettah Kauai Dreams undersea inlay tenor "Hui Nani"
    Moore Bettah slothead offset soundhole tenor "Kula Leo"
    KoAloha KTMS-00 "Lokomaika'i"

Building and Owning a Bettah Ukulele: The story of Moore Bettah Ukuleles
    Listen With Your Heart: The KoAloha Ukulele Story
    Listen With Your Heart: The KoAloha Ukulele Story e-book edition

That suede would be impossible to keep clean. I love the look (and smell) of leather, but our cats would play hell with it.
    "Those who bring sunshine and laughter to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves".

Music washes from the soul, the dust of everyday living.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedwahine11 View Post
    Has anyone bought the suede covered version yet?
    http://www.theukulelesite.com/oahu-a...ede-tenor.html
    I love that one, but it wasn't a great fit for either uke I needed cases for. So Andrew recommended the other ones.
    More an appreciator of the ukulele than a true player. My motto is: "Don't matter how good it ring if it ain't got some bling."

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.—Voltaire

Curious about the relative importance of tonewood vs. the luthier? See Luthiers for a Cause to learn more!

Thread Information