Oahu Cases

Ukulele Eddie

Reaction score
I picked up a couple of soprano cases from The Ukulele Site, which recently took over Oahu cases. Nobody sees a broader selection of ukes across all price ranges than The Ukulele Site, so who better to design and build the best cases than the ukulele experts.

The Ukulele Site lists the case dimensions for the Oahu cases on their site, which is helpful. I'm sure they'll be fine-tuning them over the first few batches they spec, but I'm really liking what I see in these first two.

Leather-covered Fiberglass. This case is really smart looking in all black with a bit of red stitching:

It fits a standard, vintage-style ukulele like a glove around the body with ample room above the headstock:

The case has a carry strap and also has "feet" on its bottom to make it easy to stand up, and on its back and side. It also has a small interior compartment. You can fit a Snark inside it if you position it just right.

It's as nicely constructed as the Crossrock 1000's I've owned.

Arched-top Tweed Hardshell Wood. This case fits a larger soprano. My Kinnard soprano fits, though it is extremely snug. But these sopranos are larger bodied than most any soprano you'll find.

This case is super strong - I stood on it without issue (170 lbs). This case sports a larger storage compartment, thought it does not have a carry strap.

The overall construction is quite nice. As good as most wooden hard cases I've seen, save for something like an Ameritage. And better looking than most hard cases I've seen. When you factor in the price ($48-$56 depending on size), it's an incredible value.

I have not gotten one yet, but the Oahu Pro Gig Bags look fantastic for $75!

Thank you for the good pictures and the reviews. Those Oahu cases look really nice.

Very good review Eddie thanks for doing that. I really like what a see with the new Oahu cases. The fiberglass and leather tenor and baritone size comes with backpack straps which is a great idea

These both look to be improvements over the original Oahu arch top case. I like the addition of the rubber feet. Hopefully the hardware is higher quality also. It is nice to see that the premier retailer of Ukuleles remains committed to supplying better and better products.

I like that they have tweed. I have too many that look the same��

I just picked up a leather covered fiberglass tenor case from The Ukulele Site and agree with Eddie, great case and good value.

Mitch

That suede would be impossible to keep clean. I love the look (and smell) of leather, but our cats would play hell with it.

I just picked up a leather covered fiberglass tenor case from The Ukulele Site and agree with Eddie, great case and good value.

Mitch

Just got the baritone case (new home for my odd-size Kanile'a super tenor). It's a big leap forward; my old one looks and feels like a clunker now by comparison.

I'm checking daily to see when the leather-covered cases are back in stock. I was originally told second week of January but now it seems it's pushed back into February. These look great and seem like they'll be light yet sturdy.

Nice review. I just got an Oahu case with my Kala MGM Tenor. Mine is black, is well built and padded and I'm quite happy with it. It only cost $50 and HMS returned my $25 shipping fee since I purchased the MGM and case together. Great case!

cheers

I really like the Oahu cases. (y)

They sure don't make them like that anymore.

Top Bottom