Genious!!!

nikolo727

Reaction score
OK if any of you guys and dolls have been paying attention to my posts(Im sure no one has lol, i dont even pay attention to them) you will know that I have been looking to lower the action of my new mainland tenor.

I have found the solution. I used a regular nail file on the inside of the fingernail clippers gizmo. When that took way to long I used a.......

BUTTER KNIFE!!

the butter knife doesnt have a razor edge, but the edge is slighty "file like" and I used it as a file to just file(DUHH) down the nut and the saddle, where the strings are resting.

I will note that there are a few scratches on the bridge, but that is ok. You cant even see them. well you can if you really look but it does no damage to the uke itself. It is now a joy to play and I used it when I played with my youth group praise team tonight!!

good job! i need to lower my action on my mainland, but dont have any experience so i dont want to mess it up.

good job! i need to lower my action on my mainland, but dont have any experience so i dont want to mess it up.

neither did I but it turned out great.

if you are having doubts: dont do it.

but if you want to save a few bucks, watch some youtube videos on it and try it yourself. thats what i did.

It is now a joy to play and I used it when I played with my youth group praise team tonight!!

Nikolo-What songs you guys play with your youth praise team? I like get copies. I have been learning some Jeremy Riddle and some Hillsong.

Nikolo-What songs you guys play with your youth praise team? I like get copies. I have been learning some Jeremy Riddle and some Hillsong.

lol its funny that you asked. The first real meeting for the praise team was tonight, and we are working on writing a song, so we really havent done anything else with other songs. I will let you know when we start working on other songs.

if you guys find some good christian ukulele websites hit me up.
not chords though. but soloing. yea baby yeaaaa!!

One question. Is it bad to file slots onto the saddle?? Or should I have filed the whole saddle??

One question. Is it bad to file slots onto the saddle?? Or should I have filed the whole saddle??

I'll answer your question with another question. Does it work for you? If so, don't fret. :D

LIKE BUTTAH! :shaka:

Great ingenuity Nick. I had to adjust the action on my Banjo ukulele bridge yesterday so I used a cheap bastard file (the file, not me) to deepen each string groove on the new Grover bridge into 90 degree Vs, sound pretty decent with new Aquila Banjolele string set.

Many Bluegrass and Gospel songs are upbeat and used in praise teams. Ric

Will The Circle Be Unbroken

I was standing by the window
On a cold and cloudy day
When I saw the hearse come rolling
To carry my mother away

Will the circle be unbroken
Bye and bye Lord bye and bye
There's a better home a waiting
In the sky Lord in the sky

I said to the undertaker
Undertaker please drive slow
For that body you are carrying
Lord I hate to see her go

Well I followed close behind her
Tried to hold up and be brave
But I could not hide my sorrow
When they laid her in that grave

I went back home Lord that home was lonesome
Since my mother, she was gone
All my brothers and sisters crying
What a home so sad and alone

When I fixed the action on my Leolani, I was too afraid to file slots into the saddle. So I just grabbed some sandpaper and filed down the whole bottom of the saddle. I figured it be more idiot-proof for me that way, instead of having to do four careful slots. But that's just me. If using a butter knife and cutting slots into the saddle worked for you, then there's no problem either!

Top Bottom