World Series

Down Up Dick

Reaction score
I usta watch baseball but don't anymore. It seems very slow now, and there were a lot of commercials one after another which I hate.

Anyway, they're 1 and 1, and the score was 0 all. I'm pulling for the Cubs.

Last edited:
I always enjoy watching the World Series. I usually go to a few baseball games each season, but never watch regular season baseball on TV. I've enjoyed the series so far. Don't really care who wins, but if I had to pick I would go Cubs.

Go Cubs Go!
These four hour+ games are not going to draw in the younger now-now-now viewers like they want though. Really hoping the Cubs can come back now that they're down 2 games to 1.

I watched a little bit tonight. I don't think the Cubs are gonna make it. Too bad. I was pulling for 'em.

Last edited:
I used to love baseball...............but it has gotten so slow, that I now only watch baseball during the WS. Even with that, and what should be historically an important (at least in baseball terms) WS, I can't make through more than 2 or 3 innings. Just too damn slow.

I used to love baseball...............but it has gotten so slow, that I now only watch baseball during the WS. Even with that, and what should be historically an important (at least in baseball terms) WS, I can't make through more than 2 or 3 innings. Just too damn slow.

This is why I never watch until the World Series either. Once Cleveland got up last night I turned it off. Probably won't even watch game 5.

Have slways enjoyed GOOD baseball, but the long major league season can make many games tiresome. If the schedule was cut by about 30-50 games a year, it could create more excitement at the fan and player level.

Am enjoying this World Series, mainly because of the two managers and watching a few former TB Rays players doing well.

With a 3-1 lead, Cleveland is definitely in a great position to win the series. If Cleveland does, an old baseball song may be edited a bit and making the rounds again...

https://youtu.be/6HTRxAHfwPY
http://www.e-chords.com/chords/steve-goodman/a-dying-cub-fans-last-request

Baseball is like watching paint dry in Florida.

I'm not a sports fan. I'm just not competitive. IT is just a game and I don't understand how winning a game has any value at all. That said, my father-in-law is a baseball fan and it is his life during the season. He sits with the remote in hand and switches from one game to the next, watching as many as he can at one time. So for him, I try to watch at least part of each game during the world series, just so we have something to talk about. But there is just something about a game where one player throws a little ball out there in front of other players taking turns with a bat, ninety or a hundred times, and if no one hits the ball it is a great thing. How can that be interesting?

Well, we gotta watch the game tonight. It's the last one, and we're pullin' for the Cubs. A win by them will be historic. /////

Well, they did it! A historic event, and we watched it. At first I was elated and then angry and then very nervous and at last elated again. I guess it was a good game--exciting anyway.

When the team I pick plays badly or just loses, I get grouchy and out of sorts. I guess I'm not a very good sport.

Last edited:
Well, we gotta watch the game tonight. It's the last one, and we're pullin' for the Cubs. A win by them will be historic. :eek:ld:

Next thing you'll have me getting over excited and turning the TV on - and it's not like I actually know a thing about baseball. I've no personal investment in this although I did watch the first game, but I guess some sympathy is due the Cubs. It is getting to be a long time between drinks. For them, not for me :)

Dodgers are an outside choice. As of today, August 14, 2021, it would appear that 3 teams from the NL West will be in the playoffs....as the know each other well anything could happen. Dodgers are a good “ball in play” team...might give the Giants a run in the playoffs..SD is a mystery to me, I had them 3 years in a row to win...in a WC game it’s a flip of the coin..but it looks like Dodgers-SD in the WC.

Baseball 10 -15 minutes of action crammed into three hours..

Yeah, plunker, I agree. I don’t care for it much either, but my wife really enjoys it a lot. She likes TV much more than I do. I must admit I’m really lookin’ forward to college football though. Lots more goin’ on there, in spite of all the darned rules.

Ahhh, for the good ol’ days.

Last edited:
Well, since I’ve given up watching college football (too many unjust rules and too many penalties), I‘ve decided to become a (trial) baseball fan again. My wife watches the Dodgers all the time, so it’s on all the time anyway. I really do like the games on tv except for their slowness. The way to overcome that is to do something else while watching the game. My wife knits. Maybe I can study something or do a puzzle. Anyway, I’m a (trial) Dodgers Fan now.

Well, that change was a mistake. Baseball is still boring and a waste of my time. I quit watching, and did some puzzles. I guess I’m just not a sports fan any more. Another loss due to old age, I guess —- ahhh, well . . .

Top Bottom