Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Missing Soprano

Default Missing Soprano

One of my Soprano's is missing ..collected by the courier service on its way to Spain more than 2 weeks ago...Last tracking location was The airport at Hounslow where it disappeared from the radar...The courier service have been searching for it for 5 days with no luck up to now...it looks as if I'll have to send a replacement to the customer..

signing off ... KEN TIMMS pissed off with courier companies
    Last edited by Timbuck; 11-03-2016 at 05:09 AM.
    http://ukulele-innovation.tripod.com ebay i/d squarepeg_3000 Email timmsken@hotmail.com

If you can believe that moving images and sound, can fly through empty space across the universe and be seen and heard on a box in your living room ?.. then you can believe in anything.

you have my sympathy (fat lot of use it is but hey).
    My experience with couriers is that when something "goes missing" they never bother to look very hard for it ... if at all.
    Don't let the bastards get you down...

It will be that proposed 3rd runway causing the problem

better make it more incognito next time. I hear your fans are hanging around fedex offices now

No, they've looked on a computer screen and probably seen as much information as you have. Afraid no search parties have been sent out.
    There's still a chance it will turn up but that chance becomes a touch less after each passing day.

Fully insure every time - no cost to you if the couriers screw up!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Howlett View Post
    Fully insure every time - no cost to you if the couriers screw up!
    Courior companies don't cover musical instruments they are on the excluded list.... see here https://www.myhermes.co.uk/help/carry-guide.html all the couriors do this in the UK.....In fact just about everything that you want to ship.

Further to this when you book the shipping service, the company will recommend that you fully cover the item to it's full value..even tho its on the excluded list, so they can scam some extra cash.
    Last edited by Timbuck; 11-04-2016 at 12:17 AM.
    http://ukulele-innovation.tripod.com ebay i/d squarepeg_3000 Email timmsken@hotmail.com

If you can believe that moving images and sound, can fly through empty space across the universe and be seen and heard on a box in your living room ?.. then you can believe in anything.

Ken,
    your claim is not for damage, but loss of the package whilst in their care, possibly negligence.
    Have you tried that approach?
    h

Ken is correct. The couriers started placing musical instruments on the excluded list around 10 years ago. At the time I enquired why they had started doing this. 'Too many very badly packed Ebay instruments being claimed on' was the reply. Given some of the packing I've seen at my local Post Office and I must admit that they have a point. They damage or misplace well packed items though.
    One of the few couriers that do give cover is UPS. In fact I was shocked that they did, to the point that I've phoned them a couple of times just to clarify. I'm still not 100% convinced though!
    One of the quickest overseas deliveries I've had was UK to Austria. Collected 2 pm, signed for at the other end at 12:30 pm in Graz the very next day. That's fast but boy did it cost him a lot to get that service!
    You can get separate cover through insurance companies but you'll need to be sending enough instruments to justify the annual fee.
    Last edited by Michael N.; 11-04-2016 at 02:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hms View Post
    Ken,
    your claim is not for damage, but loss of the package whilst in their care, possibly negligence.
    Have you tried that approach?
    h
    The've got that one covered as well Howard Excluded items are goods which Hermes will carry but, are sent at your own risk. Hermes will not compensate you for loss, damage or late delivery of Excluded Items.

Thread Information