Good songs in G.

pabrizzer

Reaction score
Songs must be in key of G or Gm.
I'd like them to have the word GOOD or GREAT in the title.
Still want them to be under 3 minutes please.
2 weeks til it ends.
Some little trinket as a prize.

PLAYLIST

Last edited:
Well, Pa, I apparently ignored your rule to keep it under 3 minutes. I was noodling around for quite awhile with this. Put an easy u-bass track along with some rhythm uke on a looper. Feel free to jam along with me. You know what key it is in........

Well, Pa, I apparently ignored your rule to keep it under 3 minutes. I was noodling around for quite awhile with this. Put an easy u-bass track along with some rhythm uke on a looper. Feel free to jam along with me. You know what key it is in........

Yes. Rob sailed past the time barrier one key too. Had no trouble listening though so its all good. Loved your lead work on this. Great stuff! Thank you Fred!

I found this one - could be the best song Johnny Cash never recorded. Written by Judy Tillis.

Last edited:
One of Woody's finest songs. This version was sung by the Weavers and reached No.3 on the charts in 1951. Sorry Pa Its a tad over the time limit but it is a Good Song in G!

Does G7 count?

For Pa’s sixth alphabetical challenge, we’re to play a song that is in the key of G and has the word “good” or “great” in its title. Fulfilling both these obligations, here’s “It’s No Good Trying”, from the Syd Barrett songbook. Brian is playing concert ukulele and singing (and a bit of “not quite Rick Wright” whistling), Borfus is the Ubass man.

Pa, UkeFoote pointed out that the song I did is indeed in the key of F. I don't have an understanding of keys well enough to understand the system I guess. Anyway keep my name out of the hat this go round. I don't care about that anyway. It was the challenge I enjoyed but I guess its more of a challenge than I thought :)

Pa, UkeFoote pointed out that the song I did is indeed in the key of F. I don't have an understanding of keys well enough to understand the system I guess. Anyway keep my name out of the hat this go round. I don't care about that anyway. It was the challenge I enjoyed but I guess its more of a challenge than I thought :)

With Daylight Savings time the song key was automatically moved up from F to G........

The main aim of these challenges has been to get people to think about the key thing a bit more and I haven't been a stickler about it Linda. If I can't see the sheet music I usually go with the final chord (as long as the music is resolved - meaning it doesn't leave you thinking the song hasn't really come to an end). This doesn't help if there has been key changes of course.

The main aim of these challenges has been to get people to think about the key thing a bit more and I haven't been a stickler about it Linda. If I can't see the sheet music I usually go with the final chord (as long as the music is resolved - meaning it doesn't leave you thinking the song hasn't really come to an end). This doesn't help if there has been key changes of course.

Your aim is to get us thinking about it and I have....now! The song starts with the chorus. I was in a quick hurry to find a song with the word "Good" or "Great" in the title and saw it started with G7. Not a lot of thought went into this one....until now. (Goal achieved by the host!)

Good Grief Gukefoote! Give yourself a good smack on the old gluteus maximus for making me think :)

On a side note pa, the songs last chord is a key change chord, C#. I didn't play it!

Congratulations Rob!

Sorry pa, I was traveling in Germany on business this week, and, although I brought a uke along, I had no down time to finish my song. I will finish it sooner or later though, once I dig out from everything that has backed up while I was away. :)

Congratulations Rob!

Sorry pa, I was traveling in Germany on business this week, and, although I brought a uke along, I had no down time to finish my song. I will finish it sooner or later though, once I dig out from everything that has backed up while I was away. :)

Missed your beaut contribution John. Please post it here if it gets done.

It has been some time since I jumped out of the magic hat. I will PM you my address.
Surprised that so few folks explore this part of the forum... too busy with the seasons
I suppose.

As sfc says, Led Zeppelin has 3 or 4. That's the Way, Black Country Woman and Going to California. Tune one of the G's to an A for Kashmir. Bron y Aur Stomp is in open F, so use G and play it a bit higher.
Sarkari Result Pnr Status 192.168.1.1

Last edited:
Songs must be in key of G or Gm.
I'd like them to have the word GOOD or GREAT in the title.
Still want them to be under 3 minutes please.
2 weeks til it ends.
Some little trinket as a prize.

PLAYLIST
Although they don't contain the word good in them I have 4 personal favorites from The Beatles. I Need You, Here Comes The Sun, With A Little Help From My Friends in G and While My Guitar Gently Weeps in G Minor.

Top Bottom