Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good songs in G.

Quote Originally Posted by lelouden View Post
    Pa, UkeFoote pointed out that the song I did is indeed in the key of F. I don't have an understanding of keys well enough to understand the system I guess. Anyway keep my name out of the hat this go round. I don't care about that anyway. It was the challenge I enjoyed but I guess its more of a challenge than I thought
    With Daylight Savings time the song key was automatically moved up from F to G........
    Flat flip flies straight.

Quote Originally Posted by lelouden View Post
    Pa, UkeFoote pointed out that the song I did is indeed in the key of F. I don't have an understanding of keys well enough to understand the system I guess. Anyway keep my name out of the hat this go round. I don't care about that anyway. It was the challenge I enjoyed but I guess its more of a challenge than I thought
    The main aim of these challenges has been to get people to think about the key thing a bit more and I haven't been a stickler about it Linda. If I can't see the sheet music I usually go with the final chord (as long as the music is resolved - meaning it doesn't leave you thinking the song hasn't really come to an end). This doesn't help if there has been key changes of course.

Quote Originally Posted by pabrizzer View Post
    The main aim of these challenges has been to get people to think about the key thing a bit more and I haven't been a stickler about it Linda. If I can't see the sheet music I usually go with the final chord (as long as the music is resolved - meaning it doesn't leave you thinking the song hasn't really come to an end). This doesn't help if there has been key changes of course.
    Your aim is to get us thinking about it and I have....now! The song starts with the chorus. I was in a quick hurry to find a song with the word "Good" or "Great" in the title and saw it started with G7. Not a lot of thought went into this one....until now. (Goal achieved by the host!)

Good Grief Gukefoote! Give yourself a good smack on the old gluteus maximus for making me think

On a side note pa, the songs last chord is a key change chord, C#. I didn't play it!
    Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.

Congratulations Rob!

Sorry pa, I was traveling in Germany on business this week, and, although I brought a uke along, I had no down time to finish my song. I will finish it sooner or later though, once I dig out from everything that has backed up while I was away.
    I've been told that the secret to playing the ukulele is to continue to play the ukulele even after you have been asked to stop.

www.ArtoftheCell.com
    My Ukulele Videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2Y...Io4q2PUVFeFoVQ

Quote Originally Posted by manfrog View Post
    Congratulations Rob!

Sorry pa, I was traveling in Germany on business this week, and, although I brought a uke along, I had no down time to finish my song. I will finish it sooner or later though, once I dig out from everything that has backed up while I was away.
    Missed your beaut contribution John. Please post it here if it gets done.

It has been some time since I jumped out of the magic hat. I will PM you my address.
    Surprised that so few folks explore this part of the forum... too busy with the seasons
    I suppose.
    HyperBob says: Scottish steel and Irish fire, that's the weapon I desire
    My Youtube Ukulele channel
    My Youtube Gardening channel

Quote Originally Posted by wee_ginga_yin View Post
    It has been some time since I jumped out of the magic hat. I will PM you my address.
    Surprised that so few folks explore this part of the forum... too busy with the seasons
    I suppose.
    I've really enjoyed the contributions that the small band of regulars have brought along.

Thread Information