Got to be the "on-set ukulele coach" on Crazy Ex-Girlfriend last week

Bob Bledsoe

Reaction score
If you haven't seen Crazy Ex-Girlfriend yet, it's a very funny musical that airs on The CW. An upcoming episode has one of the cast members playing ukulele. I got to go in and teach the song. It was fun hanging out on set for a while. I'd rather be on set as a cast member for the episode, but I was happy to be there teaching ukulele. Not sure when the episode will be out but I'm guessing about 4 weeks from now.

Congratulations. That is a great experience I bet.

Sounds like a great opportunity. I've watched the show on and off. Do you recall the name of the episode or which season#/episode# they plan to use it for? That would help to locate which one to watch when and after it originally airs....

I'd love to check it out and thanks for sharing this cool story about your experience. :)

I didn't get a copy of the script or any episode details - just the song. My guess is that it will air relatively soon since they're right now (as of last episode) starting to deal with the issue that is the central focus of the song... If I remember to, I'll update this post when it airs. You can always watch past episodes online - there's a free CW app that I use.

Sounds like a great opportunity. I've watched the show on and off. Do you recall the name of the episode or which season#/episode# they plan to use it for? That would help to locate which one to watch when and after it originally airs....

I'd love to check it out and thanks for sharing this cool story about your experience. :)

I didn't get a copy of the script or any episode details - just the song. My guess is that it will air relatively soon since they're right now (as of last episode) starting to deal with the issue that is the central focus of the song... If I remember to, I'll update this post when it airs. You can always watch past episodes online - there's a free CW app that I use.

Thanks for the reply. I'll keep a lookout for it. :)

That's cool. I like that show. We live in an area that is heavily used for filming. Different shows are often on my street, and my front yard has been on TV but not my house. They often use our driveway as a staging area. It can be a lot of fun.

Can you say which actor you coached? The musical numbers on that show are my favorite part.

Congrats! The important question - how was craft services? :)

It was alright. Just pretty standard crafty. I wasn't around for any catered meals.

That's cool. I like that show. We live in an area that is heavily used for filming. Different shows are often on my street, and my front yard has been on TV but not my house. They often use our driveway as a staging area. It can be a lot of fun.

Can you say which actor you coached? The musical numbers on that show are my favorite part.

Pete Gardner who plays Rachel's boss on the show. I've taught him ukulele in the past and this episode came up where they needed him to play his number on uke. He sent me a demo of the song with a guitar. Pretty simple tune but needed to be figured out for ukulele. It was a fun last minute gig!

Top Bottom