Breaking Seasons' Convention???

I find all the discussion of rules to be inordinately tedious. I suggest for your consideration that you discuss your concept with Rick, Bernie. If Rick has no objections go for it.

I concur with all who have said to just ask Rick- our little community talking about rules as nauseum is however deeply amusing to me ;)

Just post your intro video on YouTube when ever you want.
Those that want to check it our early can and those that don't can wait until you post it on UU.

There's always the old saying:

"Rules are made to be broken". So if you feel it's appropriate, go ahead and break them. I don't go much for this business of make it a general contest. Yes you might want to do that but then it's not a seasons challenge so to me it's do it as well if you want to.

There's always the old saying:

"Rules are made to be broken". So if you feel it's appropriate, go ahead and break them. I don't go much for this business of make it a general contest. Yes you might want to do that but then it's not a seasons challenge so to me it's do it as well if you want to.

Its funny you word it this way.

I have long sense stopped thinking of the seasons as a contest, but rather a challenge. It is a challenge and sometimes a rewarded challenge. I wish we could stop calling it a contest.

I have long sense stopped thinking of the seasons as a contest, but rather a challenge. It is a challenge and sometimes a rewarded challenge. I wish we could stop calling it a contest.

Well said. The only person I "compete" against is myself, so that I can stretch, experiment and explore. I consider the Seasons to be a wonderful, themed, open mic where we all celebrate music and the ukulele, all within the confines of any particular week's "rules."

Thanks for your collective wisdom. I waited until Rick posted his theme and asked him if he thought I'd be treading on his toes. He didn't, so I will post a pre-Season post soon. I hope people appreciate why I thought this necessary when I have posted.

Just post your intro video on YouTube when ever you want.
Those that want to check it our early can and those that don't can wait until you post it on UU.

This...!

Some weeks are more of a challenge for me and I'd like to have more time to practise the song before recording it, so extra time would be good, but I also take the point that the seasons are a: What can you come up with in 7 days for this theme? type of affair.

As a one-off I'm sure the rules could be bent, depending on the challenge

Bah Humbug

I think people are too attached to the rules. People participate as people are going to participate. I could care less if people are posting the next seasons videos Saturday night or Sunday morning. The Seasons overlap. I don't have some magical lock on the week. If somebody wants to post something during my season they will regardless of what else is going on.

What difference does it make if I post Saturday night at 9pm or Sunday morning at 5am (the correct time for me)...NONE.

The talent ranges from ultra beginner to making money pros. This is not a competition. Its a gathering of like minded fun loving folks. Give us an idea for a song or two and then let us post.

Who cares about anything else...

Well it has already been discussed. Yay!
Personally I feel like part of the Seasons challenge is that you only have one week. That being said, I also like how Pa set up his own challenge with two weeks to play...
I agree with how it worked out.
I have been so flippin' busy lately I have not been able to participate much lately, which is a drag because I was on a roll there for a bit.
I do hope to bring some Dylan and I look forward to Berni's season.
Just keep on keepin' on, I really appreciate the Seasons!

Top Bottom