New member in south central Pennsylvania

MEngler

Reaction score
Brand new to ukes. I haven't even purchased my first yet. Trying to decide between a concert and a tenor. Looking forward to learning a lot here.

Welcome! Where about are you in PA? I always recommend hooking up with a uke club if possible. If you're close-ish to York or Lancaster, you have the Central PA Uke Club and Ukulele Uprising respectively. If you're closer to Altoona, there's the Allegheny Ukulele Kollective (my club), and if you're closer to Philly, the Mainline uke club has jams all over the place!

I suggest going to a local music store and trying out all the different sizes to see what "fits" you best :)

I live in York. I''ll have to look up those clubs.

I checked out one local shop, only Sopranos and Concerts. Gonna check out Guitar Center when I get a chance. Hopefully a larger selection

Welcome aboard. :)

I think concert scale is best for learning on - inevitably, you will likely buy more,
it is called Ukulele Aquisition Syndrome (UAS), a well know affliction. ;)

Welcome, MEngler! I used to live in York -- I graduated from YCP. In fact, I was just up in York for a ukulele concert on Nov. 19th. Hope you find one that you're excited for.

Welcome aboard from your neighbor to the south!

Welcome from a fellow Pennsylvanian (Harrisburg)!

We've got a small group based in Harrisburg, the Central PA Ukulele Club, that you might find interesting and useful.

There's also the Ukulele Harmonic Convergence festival coming up on February 18, 2017 in Lancaster that should be fun.

Greetings and welcome, glad you joined us. You can try all three sizes at a uke meetup.

Top Bottom