Driven by UAS, man steals ukulele...

Booli

Reaction score
I happened upon this blurb and thought it was funny and odd that some folks are so desperate to play ukulele, that sadly, they are driven to crime to satisfy their affliction...

Police blotter of Western Nevada County said:
4:13 p.m. - A caller from a business in the 100 block of West Main Street reported a man with a tattoo on his head stole a ukulele. He was arrested on suspicion of shoplifting and possessing stolen property.

from http://www.theunion.com/news/local-news/police-blotter-tattooed-man-reportedly-steals-ukulele-flees/

Oh, the humanity!

Wonder what the tattoo was. Did it match this?
http://www.lunaguitars.com/query?upc=819998081973

I like the way you think :cool: - could be that a second motivator was for the tattoos to be matchey-matchey, especially if his head tattoo was one of those sawtooth tribal designs like on the Luna you linked to. :)

It would seem to me that he's in pretty deep if the stolen uke was a Luna because of this...but one can only wonder...

I think that the lesson to be learnt here is that, if you are going to steal ukuleles in broad daylight, it's important not to have any distinguishing features (such as a tattooed head).

Poor guy overheard someone say "that ukulele is a steal" and he took it literally. I love dumb crook stories

So....was it tuned Low G?
R

I happened upon this blurb and thought it was funny and odd that some folks are so desperate to play ukulele, that sadly, they are driven to crime to satisfy their affliction...
There does seem to be a booming underground market for ukuleles. Maybe he didn't want to learn how to play it, maybe he was going to sell it on UU.

Last edited:
OMG. Stupid is as stupid does. I wonder if he could play it?

I think that the lesson to be learnt here is that, if you are going to steal ukuleles in broad daylight, it's important not to have any distinguishing features (such as a tattooed head).

Haha...Men with tattooed heads are probably prone to steal most anything...

Top Bottom