FS I'iwi Concert

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTurner

Reaction score
It’s time to let this special uke go. I’m doing more tenor work now and It’s not getting played enough. It’s a lovely concert that has a sweet voice and is light, yet warm and balanced. Low action, easy playability. The simplicity of the shape and the elements make it a great choice for a true Hawaiian-made uke. All the quality of the deluxe models. Picking or strumming it sounds excellent. Here is a soundfile: https://app.box.com/s/r1tgc3gx62e78evi1y1x

C.K. Fukuba makes wonderful high-end ukuleles, often found on HMS and PuaPua sites. This is the base model—the Classic, with the wonderful i’iwi inlay on the headstock, but not the additional adornment around the soundhole. I’ve enjoyed this uke very much, in part because I bought in Hawaii.

For a complete review when it was new, go to forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?49920-I-iwi-Concert.

There is a finish issue, a dull spot just below the neck on the upper bout that developed during my playing time. You can see it in the photos. I have had it checked over by a luthier. Also a small faint string scratch below the bridge and small faint fingernail surface scratch on back edge (neither can be photographed). Apart from the finish spot, the uke is in excellent condition with no structural issues.

Price: $800 plus shipping. Hard case included. Pay with PayPal Friends&Family transfer.
I have bought and sold many ukes on UU, reviewing most of them. Look me up.

P1010117.jpgP1010128.jpgP1010120.jpgP1010125.jpg

Last edited:
Sound and looks are both stunning. Somebody will be buying a lovely instrument from a seller who handles his instruments with the greatest of cares. Who will buy himself or herself this beautiful Christmas gift?

Geez, I'd love to have this thing, the headstock design is lovely. But my budget won't allow it, darn it!
Someone take this beauty home!

Wow. That is an outstanding Hawaiian luthier-made concert, and quite a bargain price.

Just purchased a new ukulele and am still in recovery mode. Otherwise that concert would have been reeeeeeally tempting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom