Thoughts and prayers for Seeso

hoosierhiver

Reaction score
Our good friend and moderator Seeso has been diagnosed with cancer. If you've never met him, he is a one of a kind, a great person, full of life, love and music. He will be undergoing treatment this winter, please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

https://www.gofundme.com/seeso-is-kicking-cancers-ass

So sorry to hear the bad news. Sending lots of good thoughts to Seeso and family during this difficult time.

Thanks for this Mike.

Reminder: December 12 is play Seeso Music Loud Day.

We will keep him in our thoughts and hope to sing with Seeso at the next UWC.

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing this news. I hope Seeso's cancer battle is short and successful.

Sending good wishes! for a full and smooth recovery!

Our good friend and moderator Seeso has been diagnosed with cancer. If you've never met him, he is a one of a kind, a great person, full of life, love and music. He will be undergoing treatment this winter, please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

My wife and I have both been there and done that (she's still got the 5 year sword dangling over her head.) What most people don't understand is no matter how good your survival rate is or how little you have to pay (thank you Kaiser) it still sucks big time. Getting treatment for it really knocks the snot out of you regardless how good the treatments are and you're a different person afterward.

My best wishes.

-- Gary

Best thoughts headed Seeso's way.

Gary's right, we do come out a changed person. We get to chose who that person is. Its too bad we have to go thru what it takes to be that person.

You've been diagnosed; the first step towards healing. Knowing your attitude and perservarance, you'll get thru this. My thoughts and prayers to you my brother

Prayers coming your way from me Seeso.

I'm sending healing thoughts to Seeso.

Aside from prayers and thoughts, there's the link Mike posted at the beginning of this thread to a gofundme page that was set up to help Seeso pay for his treatment. My understanding is that Seeso's insurance will cover a lot of his medical expenses but not all of them (I think on FB someone said Seeso might be on the hook for about 20 percent of the costs of treatment),and the gofundme page points out that his chemotherapy and radiation treatments will make it harder for him to earn money during treatment. So Seeso will need our financial support as well as our emotional and spiritual support.

Thanks, Mike, for posting the link to the gofundme page.

Aloha Seeso,
Saying prayers, blessings and sending get well Hawaiian vibes your way for a speedy recovery, take care bruddah

Last edited:
Despite having never met Seeso, to me, he is a legend here on UU, as well as in the larger ukulele community.

I wish for a fast healing, little suffering, and lots of happiness on the other side of this process, and for life to always be getting better for Seeso.

Get well brother, and hope to meet you one day! You will be in my prayers and thoughts.

Top Bottom