New Ono Baritone

saltytri

Reaction score
This 20" baritone was built for a UU member who specified a koa top for its traditional tone. We decided to have a little fun with the back and sides so some wild quilted maple was chosen for not only its figure but also for the color, which nicely complements the koa top. The neck is Alaskan yellow cedar with a koa stringer.

31473654022_595f278bc2_b.jpg

30810771793_42a2da8da8_b.jpg

31473652272_48d9ca7c1c_b.jpg

Last edited:
Very unique and beautiful as always. How would you classify or characterize the tone with this wood combo

We decided to start with Worth browns, which are at the mellow end of the scale. Right now, it's deep and full but still quite articulate. It's shipping with Worth clears and Southcoast HL-WB in the box. The owner is a very experienced player who can be counted on to experiment so I'll be very interested to see what he settles on.

Another fantastic looking instrument, David. My maple nerve is all tingly! ;-)

Another gorgeous instrument David. I really want to hear how this one sounds.
The maple curly back edge has a very cool rope binding-like effect, viewed from the side.

Last edited:
Looks pretty good - for a "long neck" :p

Very pretty. The neck looks so nice and inviting....I usually don't see a bari that I think looks good, but this one's a looker!

Beautiful baritone, David (even if it isn't Padauk :) ) Congratulations to both builder and new owner!

At least the maple doesn't have those bottomless canyons that are slyly called "pores" in the padauk world! :)

Still filling....

I understand. I hate to be putting you through this again!

No worries. It's like Eddie said. Some of us just seem to need a regular routine. Remember "Groundhog Day"?

Top Bottom