New Ono Baritone

Super Fantastic Uke, David.

I am looking to have some Ono in the new year! What is the length of wait for a masterpiece?

Super Fantastic Uke, David.

I am looking to have some Ono in the new year! What is the length of wait for a masterpiece?

Thank you very much! I'm saying about six months right now and hoping that this will turn out to be "under-promising and over-performing."

I received this uke several days ago.
Enormous thanks to David for building me such a wonderful instrument.
Everything about this baritone is superb.
From the incredible finish to the tone and looks.
It plays fast and is so light and responsive across the bass and treble strings.
Currently strung low D with unwound worth browns. This was my choice,
but as David warned me, the D and G are too slack.
I plan to put some southcoast heavy gauge wounds on them as plan A, then take it from there.
The instrument is just fabulous and I am very glad I went with a koa top over the maple.
Thank you David, you're the best.
Here's a little demo with the worths anyway.

great looking and sounding instrument, and nice song as well!

I didn't really notice the D and G sounding off in any way. It'll be interesting to hear it with the Southcoast wounds when you get them on. Enjoy it!

When David started this thread I had a feeingl this baritone was for you Jon. Congratulations man it is a wonderful sounding instrument. Although it is very pretty looking it sure loves to sing them down and dirty blues. Pure nasty mate.

Very nice looking Ukulele, David.

Hope to hear a sound sample from the new owner.

Surprise, surprise! So glad to hear that this beautiful Bari went Down Under to you Jon. Did you have seller's remorse from selling your first Ono Bari? And as usual, great sound clip!

Very nice looking Ukulele, David.

Hope to hear a sound sample from the new owner.

Dude are you still asleep.:confused: Jon (mountain goat) just posted on the other page he was the one that bought this baritone and he did a song with it.

Last edited:
Holy moly, man!
If I send you the Skype number for Ono #42, do you think yours can teach mine how to play like that? :p

I'm chuckling, Jim! :) It's great fun to listen to Jon's soulful playing!

Last edited:
Have you tried Living Water baritone strings, Jon ... unwound?

Top Bottom