mgm...my favorite pastime......

Mike,

You are a lucky man. My job has sent me to many places around the coutry and in Europe. I have to say that Kaneohe was one of my favorite if not my favorite spots. Absolutely beautiful!

Erik

I also am a lover of eating. (at 330 pounds its hard not too)

But I have a problem. My doctor declared me obese, so I have to go on a diet. Oh Baconator I will miss you. :(

My guess this is from, "Zippy's"?

Mmmm...looks great. My pref is Kalua Pork from L&L - but we don't have a whole lot of choice around here. When it's your only choice, though, L&L is plenty ono for me!

Whea da 2 scoop rice? :confused:

I no tink da plate from Zippy's or L&L, probably from one of the more lesser known establishments dat only locals know about. Trust me, get some bettah places den da ones previously mentioned. Time fo gindz . . .

Years ago (1992) whenever we were working in, Honolulu, we would get plate lunch at this road side place that was like a white trailer or long skinny building like a trailer...it was some awesome grindz... It was just a walk up window that you ordered from, no dining area or anything. scoop of rice, scoop of salad, and some teri beef was my favorite. Anybody know this place? I can't remember the name.

Eh, all around Oahu, especially at the beaches and the industrial areas - lunch wagons are in abundance. Good food, inexpensive and best of all, homecooked!

Ah the guesses where its from Actually this one was from Times Supermarket in Kaneohe. Wednesdays they set up barbicue grills outside the market and cook chicken...On saturdays I get Huli Huli chiken from a place cooking outside windward mall.....Of course there is Zippys and L and L. One of the newest plate lunch places sprouting up all over Hawaii Blazing steaks...ONO ONO ONO

Ah the guesses where its from Actually this one was from Times Supermarket in Kaneohe. Wednesdays they set up barbicue grills outside the market and cook chicken...On saturdays I get Huli Huli chiken from a place cooking outside windward mall.....Of course there is Zippys and L and L. One of the newest plate lunch places sprouting up all over Hawaii Blazing steaks...ONO ONO ONO

Is that the trailer in Windward Mall parking lot right next to the Leonard's Malasada Wagon (ono fo' desert)?

I'm a bit on the chunky side, like Nick, and I totally need to shed some weight.

I'm vegetarian and eat a low-moderate fat diet as a matter of course. Most of my weight has been converted from Guinness - which forms a major part of my diet!

The beer is one of the few compromises to my vegetarianism. The brewing process of many beers uses a fish extract called isinglass. It's not an ingredient, but a fining agent for removing impurities. None of it should be left in the final product, but there is a chance that a tiny, tiny trace amount may be present in the beer.

But I don't eat fish.

My main food indulgence is vegetable curry. I love Indian food!

Top Bottom