Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What Musical Gifts Did You Get

Default What Musical Gifts Did You Get

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all. Musical gifts are always exciting to received so here is your chance to share with the rest of us what you got.

I will go first. I received a pair of Audio Technica ATH -M50x headphones. Gifts cards to Long and McQuad, our big music store in Canada. I am going to buy a good micropnone with that.

A gift from me to me was a Ono 18" tenor ukulele that was on HMS. I didn't think I would see it before Christmas but it showed up on Friday. I will do a NUD once I've spent some time with it.

So please share your musical treasures with us, be they large or small........hoping everyone had a great day.
    Last edited by DownUpDave; 12-26-2016 at 12:16 AM.
    Currently enjoying these ukuleles : *LdfM tenor, *LfdM 19" super tenor. *LfdM baritone, *I'iwi tenor , *Koolau tenor, *Webber tenor, *Kimo tenor, *Kimo super concert, *Mya Moe baritone, *Kamaka baritone, *Gianinni baritone, *Fred Shields super soprano, *Kala super soprano, *Loprinzi super soprano, *Black bear ULO concert , *Enya X1 concert, *Enya X1 pineapple soprano, *Gretsch tenor, *Korala plastic concert

Only musical gift I got was the one I bought myself....a Mele mahogany tenor at a ridiculously, and I mean RIDICULOUSLY low price. It will keep my Mele mahogany 6 string concert company.

Quote Originally Posted by DownUpDave View Post
    ...A gift from me to me...
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilUSAFRet View Post
    Only musical gift I got was the one I bought myself...
    Count me in the self-giver club...

Mine was early though, back around first week of November, when scanning for used ukes in various places, I found a used standard LAVA (black) concert Fluke on sale for about half price of a new one...and since I did not yet have a concert Fluke...and I watched it for about 2 weeks and it was still there (not on eBay)...I figured I should give it a new home...WITH ME...

Four days later it was in my hands

It was as described in 'Very good condition' and I'm very happy with it.
    Last edited by Booli; 12-26-2016 at 01:41 AM. Reason: typos
    Guinea proverb: "A cow that has no tail should not try to chase away flies."

Smile

My wife gave me a set of spoons. Sense I give her a head ach while playing they are plastic. I keep telling my self it the thought that counts. FA AL LAL LAL LAL.
    Chainyanker

My son gave me The Daily Ukulele and a beautiful handmade wall hanger for my ukulele. Very pleased!

My wife gave me a new Peak SMS-20 music stand and a copy of John King's "The Classical Ukulele." For myself, early last week I took delivery of a Pono ATD-CR Cedar-Top Acacia Tenor ukulele! Things have been quite busy here with holiday preparations and a house guest, so no NUD post yet, but I hope to take care of that soon.
    Larry

• ROMERO CREATIONS SOLID MAHOGANY "TINY TENOR"
    • COCOBOLO CEDAR/COCOBOLO CONCERT
    • ANUENUE UT200 MOON BIRD (ALPINE SPRUCE/ROSEWOOD) TENOR (LOW "G")
    • KOALOHA KCM-10 PIKAKE KOA CONCERT
    • PONO ATD-CR CEDAR/ACACIA TENOR
    • HARMONY MAHOGANY BARITONE (1950's)
    • VTAB TS2401 SPRUCE/MAHOGANY CONCERT

The only musical gift I got was a bottle of Kilbeggan Irish Whisky. Well, sometimes it helps . . .
    Kala "Spalted" baritone - Lo D GBE- Fingerstyle
    Gold Tone tenor banjolele - Lo F BbDF Fingerstyle
    Luna “Peace” concert - CGDA (5ths) Fingerstyle

Kala tenor eight string - gGcCEEAA Strum
    Flea "Red" concert - Hi-F BbDG Strum
    Kala "Exotic Mahogany" soprano - Hi-A DF#B Strum

Mahalo yellow "Smiley" soprano (Dad's Day gift)
    Ka-Lai Pineapple soprano (old) gift

Old age should rather be feared than death. - Juvenal
    God gave us old age so we wouldn't mind dying so much.

No pressies this week.

But I have been generous to myself over the past year, so can't complain.
    Trying to do justice to various musical instruments.

Quote Originally Posted by Down Up Dick View Post
    The only musical gift I got was a bottle of Kilbeggan Irish Whisky. Well, sometimes it helps . . .
    That's a larynx lubricator.
    Trying to do justice to various musical instruments.

This year I bought both the Opio and Pono (together about $1150), so I wasn't getting much else for my birthday (November) or Christmas.

A few little gifts did pop up. I was given an Ernie Ball string winder and a set of Martin 620 ukulele strings from my parents, and my wife bought me a laser etched ukulele ornament off Etsy.

My other "big" gift was a new insulated mug from Starbucks.

That isn't a lot when you are responsible for the primary income in the house--but my gifts really are the Opio and Pono.

On the other hand, My wife's aunt asked me to find the song "Christmas will find you" so she could sing it with ukulele--so I transcribed the song and brought it with my Pono to my wife's family Christmas yesterday, so we sat together and sang that, and then as a family sang a number of other songs. By the way--Christmas Will Find You is incredibly LOW for a female singer--and in a ridiculous key--E major. I decided on two alternate keys (A and C) and capoed to E from the C version. (F is also really low...my wife's aunt is a true contralto).
    My ukulele blog: http://ukestuff.info

My ukulele YouTube channels:

Thread Information