NAMM spoilers?

Thanks, Eddie! Really looking forward to your report from NAMM. Please take heaps of Pictures!

Thanks, Eddie! Really looking forward to your report from NAMM. Please take heaps of Pictures!

Thanks to all who responded. Yes, please take lots of photos, and report all you can!

Does this look like Collings is resuming their ukulele production? (Or were they listed under ukulele last year too?)

Thanks to all who responded. Yes, please take lots of photos, and report all you can!

Does this look like Collings is resuming their ukulele production? (Or were they listed under ukulele last year too?)

Based on my last communication with the company in October or November, they still didn't not have an expected re-start as they were still behind on Waterloo guitars and the launch of their internal case making efforts.

Thanks for this list, Ifoo. What about Koaloha and Ko'olau/Pono? Aren't they attending this year? I hope they will be there. Any other notorious brands missing? I don't see Kala in the list, either.

Koaloha and Kala will be there, but I didn't see Ko'olau nor Pono on the list.

They may not have their own booth, but may be in the booth of their distributor. They may still have a presence there. It happens in Hall E a lot and lots of ukes are in Hall E!

Ok, I have been going through the list of NAMM attendees in the subcategory of Ukuleles, and among many names/brands/stores listed, here are the ones that sounded familiar to me:

• APC
  • Amahi
  • AnueNue (at Dana B Goods, Hall C)
  • Aria
  • Ayers/Uluru
  • Blackbird
  • Boulder Creek
  • Bugs Gear
  • Collings
  • Cordoba
  • Crossrock cases
  • Eastman
  • East-Start with Alida
  • Enya with Kaka
  • Fender
  • Godin
  • Gold Tone
  • Imua
  • Kala
  • Kamaka
  • Kanile'a
  • KoAloha
  • Ko'olau/Pono
  • Kremona
  • Larrivée
  • Maestro
  • Magic Fluke/Flea
  • Mahalo
  • Martin
  • Mid-East
  • Na Leo with Leolani and Kumu
  • National Resophonic
  • Ohana
  • Ortega
  • Oscar Schmidt (at KMC and M&M)
  • Peavey
  • Riversong (remember that guy rocking last year)
  • Romero Creations
  • Takumi with Kiwaya, DaSilva, Loprinzi, Fremont, and Keli'i
  • Teton (at Chesbro)
  • Woodi USA
  • Yamaha
Hope to get reports on as many of them as possible. I highlighted the ones that I'm interested in the most... ;)

Last edited:
-More brands disappearing (mostly unremarkable ones that won't be missed anyway)
-Another guitar company arriving very late to the party and slapping their name on ukes we've already seen before
-More options for established brands, blurring the line between production and custom ukes
-Plucky startup promises to revolutionize the way we play music forever; will not catch on
-More strings to make threads about
-Most interesting uke booth positioned strategically between Zildjian and Paiste, with electric didgeridoo manufacturer demoing their new products through a wall of Marshalls
-Guy from Creed might be there
-Price increases all around

...just my predictions!

I hope those going to NAMM will let us experience it vicariously through you. It starts tomorrow, right?

I just received an email blast from Dan Ho. He in collaboration with Pepe Romero Sr. and Jr. are introducing a new line of ukes at NAMM. No other info provided.

Last edited:
I just received an email blast from Don Ho. He in collaboration with Pepe Romero Sr. and Jr. are introducing a new line of ukes at NAMM. No other info provided.

I think I read somehwere that Romero Creations will add a more affordable line, using a satin finish and laminate back & sides (solid top). Interesting!

I think I read somehwere that Romero Creations will add a more affordable line, using a satin finish and laminate back & sides (solid top). Interesting!

I talked to Pepe at U-Space last year when Daniel was performing (by-the-way, from my understanding, he prefers Daniel). Pepe mentioned that his commercial line is made in Vietnam.

Pepe mentioned that his commercial line is made in Vietnam.

Yes, the Romero Creations line is made in Vietnam to the designs from Pepe Romero with ideas from his father and Daniel Ho. They have been making some very nice instruments for a couple of years, all solid woods and gloss finish, and now they're adding another line that is partly laminate and satin finish and therefore less expensive.

NAMM 2017 STARTS TOMORROW!!!!

What goodies will 2017 bring? YIPPEE!!

Top Bottom