Bruko No2...

Ontom

Reaction score
Hi all. First post, so wanted to also say Hi.

I got a very cheap Ukulele for Christmas: enjoying it so much that I'm already looking to 'upgrade'...all the literature I've read suggests it's a bad move starting with cheap kit!

Very close to taking the plunge and buying a Bruko No2, but there isn't a great deal of info out there. It looks beautiful, but wondered if anyone has actually played one?

Many Thanks, Tom

I used to have one. It was quite bright sounding.

My most important advice would be to get a full body version. (They also have a thin body version.)

Also, search for all threads about Brükos here on this forum.

I have the thin-bodied equivalent, and love playing it; so much so, I bought another one, albeit with 2-part bridge and curved back so I could keep one in C tuning and the other in D. I reckon that in this price bracket, Bruko are still one of the very best options out there, especially if you want to avoid geared tuners.

Do read Omega Music's review which I think is very fair. http://www.omegamusic.co.uk/products/bruko-no-2-all-solid-maple-soprano-ukulele-full-body

After a couple of years the tuning pegs on my older Bruko wore out, but they're easily and inexpensively replaced. My newer Bruko I notice has a slightly different design peg, so I would hope Bruko have addressed that issue now.

I have the full bodied No. 2 strung with Worth Browns. It is a nice strummer, but really shines when fingerpicked.

The quality of craftmanship shows in the build and the tone.

I had strap buttons put on it and have a natural color cotton strap which sets off the pale color of the ukulele. It is a beauty.

The Omega writeup is correct, it does not photograph well, so I used an app that imitates a pencil sketch.

Attachments

• 12472401_10208783913935023_8958067958034876616_n.jpg
    12472401_10208783913935023_8958067958034876616_n.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
I have the thin bodied model. Its my all-time favorite soprano.

Brukos can be an acquired taste, but if you like the tone and you appreciate simple but excellent craftsmanship, they're difficult to beat.

Thanks for the advice everyone. I took the plunge anyway: couldn't resist at £95. Will let you all know how it goes once I've polished my technique a little...needs plenty of work.

I'm not 'all the gear and no idea'...but close!
��

I noticed that this uke us cheaper at Omega than from Bruko itself. Is there anywhere else one could buy Bruko at a vendor rather than from the factory? And is there anywhere that ships to the US?

Mike at Uke Republic in Georgia had them at one time. I don't think so recently though.

I noticed that this uke us cheaper at Omega than from Bruko itself. Is there anywhere else one could buy Bruko at a vendor rather than from the factory? And is there anywhere that ships to the US?

Top Bottom