FS Kala Tenor Guitar

Status
Not open for further replies.

ukulately

Reaction score
Hope it's OK to put this up for sale here even though it's not a uke. I haven't had this very long but have decided it's not for me + I have my eye on an expensive uke. This one is virtually as new.
Pick up in Brisbane, Australia would be best - I guess postage could be an option but we'd have to talk about that. I think they're going for $500-550 new in Australia so how does $350 sound?

Attachments

• P1080753.jpg
    P1080753.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 95
  • P1080752.jpg
    P1080752.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 78
  • P1080754.jpg
    P1080754.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Well, living on the other side of the globe and being skint means this is a no go for me BUT, I played this exact model in London and loved it. I think it can be tuned GCEA, at least with other strings.

I think it can be tuned GCEA, at least with other strings.
Indeed. I put DGBE on it but because I didn't have exactly the right gauge, they were a bit floppy. So I tuned it up a bit and voila: good resonant sound. I had it up around A or Bb tuning but I guess with the "right" strings, DGBE or GCEA would be good. It really did sound fab in the original 5ths tuning too but I can't play it that way. If it would help, I could upload a short sound sample.

Offers considered. I still have the box it came in so postage shouldn't be too much of a drama I guess.

mmm ... surprised there has been so little interest. Still here, just.

Indeed. I put DGBE on it but because I didn't have exactly the right gauge, they were a bit floppy. So I tuned it up a bit and voila: good resonant sound. I had it up around A or Bb tuning but I guess with the "right" strings, DGBE or GCEA would be good. It really did sound fab in the original 5ths tuning too but I can't play it that way. If it would help, I could upload a short sound sample.

Here is a good site with alternate tunings and the strings that would work http://www.rycooder.nl/pages/tenor_gauges.htm

I have also heard of people taking standard 5ths tenor tuning CGDA and swapping the C and G, tuning the D up to E and using it as Uke tuning.

Hello from Spain!

I have one and it is really a great instrument INMO, specially if you prefer short-scaled tenors.

If you still have not sold it give it another go with GCEA standar uke tunning with the following gauges (Dadarios):

G .23 - Daddario code PB023
C .16 - Daddario code PL016
E .14 - Daddario code PL014
A .10 - Daddario code PL010

This gauges do not come in a set, just buy them as singles at your local guitar shop. It is worth the try. You´ll love it.

Good luck!

This could be what I'm after. I was just in Brisbane but now back in Vic. I'll read up on the model. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom