Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Martin Centennial Ukuleles, very limited

Quote Originally Posted by PeteyHoudini View Post
    @Ukecaster.........Don't get me wrong.... my 3 cherry is my best uke of all time and it's the sound and playability that matter the most and not colours. Though, it's like it went to a makeover uke show in that photo. hehe PeteyHoudini
    No, not a makeover uke show....maybe it went to a shop....Uke Photoshop
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Ukecaster View Post
    No, not a makeover uke show....maybe it went to a shop....Uke Photoshop
    LOL... I was being polite by not saying PS! LOL

PeteyHoudini (also a longtime Adobe Photoshop user and current CC subscriber) hehe

Peter, that I you for your replies in posts #84 and 85. My memory is about right on your Martin repair experience. What great sadness. Frankly, I do not love Martin as a company...there, I said it. Lol. I do adore their old ukes. Looking forward to your Formica bamboo review.

What will become of Martin now that Dick Boak and Duane Ponzio have had enough of their guff and are bailing on the company this year? Only time will tell. I think, with all their $5000 custom ukes and such, they're milking the dying cow. Young people don't play guitar nearly as they once did, and they are the future of Martin.

Come to Chicago, come to Chicago, and yes, road trip to the secret recording studio in Michigan, where even the studio owner himself doesn't know you'll be recording there yet. (There's gotta be a good album name in there somewhere...lol). Cheers, friend. Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by uku0729 View Post
    If you pull the trigger, make sure you know how to check for a neck reset. I bought a new Mexican made Martin T1K from Musician's Friend and assumed it was well made because it was a Martin. After the return period expired, someone with more experience pointed out that the neck was "warped". I took it to a local Martin-certified luther who told me that it needed a neck reset. Martin does not cover repair of neck resets (they consider that a "setup"). Forewarned is forearmed.
    What's the best way to check this on a new uke?
    John

What's the best way to check this on a new uke?
    Great question, since I have a T1K currently in my closet just like those never-ending skeletons in one's closet! lol hehe

PeteyHoudini

Quote Originally Posted by coolkayaker1 View Post
    Peter, that I you for your replies in posts #84 and 85. My memory is about right on your Martin repair experience. What great sadness. Frankly, I do not love Martin as a company...there, I said it. Lol. I do adore their old ukes. Looking forward to your Formica bamboo review.

What will become of Martin now that Dick Boak and Duane Ponzio have had enough of their guff and are bailing on the company this year? Only time will tell. I think, with all their $5000 custom ukes and such, they're milking the dying cow. Young people don't play guitar nearly as they once did, and they are the future of Martin.

Come to Chicago, come to Chicago, and yes, road trip to the secret recording studio in Michigan, where even the studio owner himself doesn't know you'll be recording there yet. (There's gotta be a good album name in there somewhere...lol). Cheers, friend. Steve.
    Hi Steve,

I have neutral feelings about the Martin Co (aka guitar machine sans uke), but at least they've given me the best ukes I could have ever asked for and I can create my original music with. That is an amazing gift for me, musically, since I grew up with crappy acoustic and electric guitars that wasted my time. These new Martin ukes have restored stringed music in my life (after piano). hehe

The new Bamboo is great so far. It actually sounds like the "3 cherry" so that is giving me ideas. I'm just working out the jokes for the review. lol

As for this Martin thread... sorry, if it has gone a bit off, but all new Martins in 2017 are connected.

Cheeri- 0X, (cheerio!) lol

PeteyHoudini

Quote Originally Posted by PeteyHoudini View Post
    ....The new Bamboo is great so far. It actually sounds like the "3 cherry" so that is giving me ideas.....
    Wow, the inexpensive Bamboo uke sounds like your "3 cherry"? Very surprising, at least to me, in a good way.
    John

A few more of these seem to be popping up online, as it seems some dealers expected to receive these in early May, so here we are. This one is at Chicago Music Exchange. Martin must be shipping a bunch of ukes, since these guys also got in a flock of Bamboos. Not sure if these are their own pics, but seems different than the stock photos I've seen, showing the fingerboard more realistically than the ebony black Martin photos.

https://www.chicagomusicexchange.com...centennial-uke

Centennial-Chicago Music Exchange.JPG
    Last edited by Ukecaster; 05-04-2017 at 05:08 AM.
    John

Wow, the inexpensive Bamboo uke sounds like your "3 cherry"? Very surprising, at least to me, in a good way.
    Yes, it does. I only noticed it because I went to play my cherry uke and I went woah... the OX sounds a bit like it. hehe I'm not joking.

Petey

A few more of these seem to be popping up online, as it seems some dealers expected to receive these in early May, so here we are. This one is at Chicago Music Exchange. Martin must be shipping a bunch of ukes, since these guys also got in a flock of Bamboos.
    Funny, they don't offer a lime green bamboo!

Petey

Thread Information