Twilight...I'm clueless, please fill me in

The protagonist isn't delusional. The author is. If you can even call them separate people.

Still, that's far from the worst mistake in the series. (Minor spoiler warning, if you care: ) For example, you later find out that Rosalie (Edward's sister) grew up during the Great Depression. This is what she says on her family's economic stability:

"My parents were thoroughly middle class. My father held a stable job in a bank... he saw his prosperity as a reward for his talent and hard work, rather than acknowledging the luck involved. I took it all for granted then; in my home, it was as if the Great Depression was only a troublesome rumor."

She also calls the bank a "really profitable business". It's as if the author has only heard of the Depression once or twice.

I'm sorry, but I just couldn't make it through the second book. I had to stop after they broke up (chapter 3 if I remember). The constant bickering about "Bella's" birthday just turned my stomach. She just seem too hung up on looks and age - almost bordering on a psychological disorder. And Edward...he just seemed more of a mindless strait-man to Bella's bitching. Almost robot like.

I really have to hand it to people who can actually finish these; they should get like a metal or something.

My GF has all 4 books and the only thing she does is reading and surfing the net for more info about the story. She even ordered the OST and some extra cd's about twilight. She can see the movie over and over again. You can really say she's totally into Twilight. But I'm just as clueless as you...

I thought I wanted to read the books... then I saw the movie... I'm glad I didn't read the books, lol.

Great set of books -- lousy movie. The author has a real knack for drawing you into her stories quickly and keeping you interested. I'm a fan of the werewolf - he comes into play in book 2. It becomes a love triangle with human, werewolf and vampire.

I like her book Host as well. Just read it - don't research it. I was convinced it was going to be totally stupid when I googled it and found out the plot. But she is a great author and pulled me before I got to page 5.

I have a flea it isn't pink and I'm not 12 - but I still enjoyed these books written for teens!

Top Bottom