Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ukulele brightens a bad day

Default Ukulele brightens a bad day

So, I'm sick and worked anyways, finally got home, sick, tired, in a pretty bad mood, had no "plans" of playing, but picked my Ukulele up and started playing it on the couch, and almost instantly my mood got a lot better. I'm still sick granted, but in a better place mentally. Sure wish my playing was better. Sounds sappy maybe, but I think you folks here will get it. Sometimes it's the little things that make the biggest difference, I think the Ukulele is the perfect example of that.

Sort of magic, huh? Yeah, I understand. I've been there, too. It's a happy little instrument!
    Jan >^..^<
    (AKA Chopped Liver)

You say 'Crazy Cat Lady' like it's a bad thing!

"Out of clutter, find simplicity." Albert Einstein

A little dose of ukulele soul medicine will increase your health and allow you more recovery than any placebo otc flu medication.
    All for sale; pm me:

Brand new Loprinzi Honduran mahogany soprano w new hardshell case. $350 -> 325

Totally agreed. I teach ukulele all day long at this point of the year, and the kids can be trying...

"Jimmy, why are you just cranking the tuning pegs? Oh, lovely. Your uke is tuned to CF#BEb!"

I still come home and play and sing every night.

I'm at the airport right now, waiting for my (Spirit) flight which has been delayed 4 hours. I couldn't bring my ukulele without paying more--and I am wishing I had it with me.

And I even have a cracked tip on my left hand second finger.
    My ukulele blog: http://ukestuff.info

My ukulele YouTube channels:

Hey, I am also an ex-bassist of 40 years. Hands won't let me play anymore. I miss it, but the beauty of a mall, simple "grab & play" instrument with no cords, cables, effects pedals, amp rigs, is a balm for the soul.
    "A ship in a harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for."

- John Shedd

Quote Originally Posted by Chopped Liver View Post
    Sort of magic, huh? Yeah, I understand. I've been there, too. It's a happy little instrument!
    Quote Originally Posted by Debussychopin View Post
    A little dose of ukulele soul medicine will increase your health and allow you more recovery than any placebo otc flu medication.
    the above are both the real truth

'ukulele heals all'
    Guinea proverb: "A cow that has no tail should not try to chase away flies."

You are absolutely correct! Even if I am too sick to play, I can hold it in bed next to me, and it makes things a little easier to tolerate.
    It's been shown time and again that music heals, and playing your own music works even better.
    There are many times when I need to console myself after work, but in the wee hours when I get home, waking Tammy could be life threatening. It's a small house, so I have to play before work.
    It always makes me feel better, especially when I nail a song.
    "Those who bring sunshine and laughter to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves".

Music washes from the soul, the dust of everyday living.

Yep, definitely feeling this post. It seems like work is more-and-more stressful lately. I am thankful to have this 'release' (although in theory I should be exercising too).
    Also, FWIW, I play my Flea and Fluke the absolute most since I leave them standing on the floor next to my side of the couch.
    "If a lot of people play the ukulele, the world would be a better place to live."

Heck yeah! A little ukulele playing is good therapy for many things...
    Just Play

Sopranos: 1st uke, Lanikai soprano LU-11 - Aquilas | 30's Martin style 0 - Martins
    Concerts: Kanile'a K-2 CP - Living Water | Islander AC-4 - Living Water | Waverly Street banjolele - Worth Browns
    Tenor: Martin Iz - Living Water low G
    UBass: Kala FS2 (fretless) - Pahoehoe | Kala Acacia - Pahoehoe

Amen and Amen!

Thread Information