Season 257 The Campfire Jam

Only Two Chords, Recorded in oodles of languages and written by the King of Country Music, Hank Williams this is the most recognized Cajun Two Step dance tune in the World!

I have two more songs that I recorded earlier this week just in case I couldn't come up with anything else.:rolleyes:

I consider this another kind of cowboy song, although it's in sort of a sub-genre of the cowboy song: the old west outlaw song.

P.S. Youtube is telling me this video is private, even though I have it public. So if it doesn't show I'll try to fix it.

SOTU 257: The Campfire Jam - The Wayward Wind

Apologies for bringing these to the campfire in the waning hours and as the fire is beginning to end, but I recently worked up songcharts for two old-time cowboy songs that really fit the campfire setting - at least in my mind!

Song number 2 for SOTU 257 is a cover of "The Wayward Wind" written in 1956 by Herb Newman and Stan Lewbowski. Gogi Grant, Patsy Cline, Frankie Lane, and many others have recorded it. Evelyn and I hope you enjoy our take on it:

SOTU 257: The Campfire Jam - Do Not Forsake Me (The Ballad Of High Noon) Baritone Uk

Our third and final entry won the Academy Award for Best Original Song and was penned to be the theme song for the movie, "High Noon," starring Gary Cooper and Grace Kelly. It's title is "Do Not Forsake Me," but it may be better known (if you're old enough!) :) as "The Ballad Of High Noon."

By today's standards, I suppose the screenplay is a bit cheesy, but I still consider it one of my alltime, favorite western movies, and if you've never seen it and are a movie buff, I highly recommend it!

Evelyn and I hope you enjoy our take on "Do Not Forsake Me."

Way back around the fourth week of the original Six Seasons of the Ukulele Contest, I found myself thinking, "This is so fun. It's like we're playing songs for each other around a campfire every week, but all over the country and the world." Since then, the Seasons have changed a lot, but we still have our amazing campfire vibe. Thanks, Linda, for lighting the fire this week.

If many of your friends grew up listening to less-than-mainstream music in the 80s, the Smiths are one great source of campfire jams. Here's their simplest, most campfire-friendly song.

Wah Hoo! I got two in this week!

I wanted to do this with "Rosy" my new Ohana Tenor, but after long bouts of string changes, found I could only play it with the Big Zebra Baritone. I still have trouble playing the song, strumming in time, reading the lyrics, and singing, while tapping my foot. Please excuse an old man for the oopsies.

This is an attempt for me to thank all you Seasonista's for the friendship you've shown me these last few months. You all have been very supportive of my attempts to play actual music and you all have become a part of my life in so many meaningful ways. Thank you my friends.

The party isn't truly over until the last ember goes out. We will add a few more logs and keep it going for at least five more hours! Its our last night here so I expect that songs will be sung until the last opportunity.

Stay up! Keep the party going if you like. Im sure there will be plenty of strummers up all night. The last night of camp is always a bitter sweet moment for people. We all know we have to get back to the real world but the flip side to that is we have to leave and keep the memories we've made here in our hearts. I consider you all friends of mine. I feel sad this week has almost reached closing time. What a vacation it has been. We've weathered the storms together and kept the spirit of this week going all week. I for one have had the best time Ive had in a long time. THANKS TO ALL OF YOU!

Please don't let this song keep you from posting any last songs you want to get in before midnight Hawaii time! Im saying goodnight early. I can't stay up until three. We roll out of here bright and early and Im driving :)

Last edited:
Loved your running commentary this week, Linda. Thanks for a brilliant session. I don't know if I've ever posted as many videos in a Season as I did in this one (this may be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on your point of view!).

one hour to go:) The Seasons were so much fun....#258 will be most interesting but not as spontaneous as #257. My fav was 'We shall overcome' due to presidential situation in America

Last second, as always. No idea if this will finish processing before the deadline, but I figured I'd give it a try.

Linda, this has been a most magical Season. The way you playfully encouraged us to have fun was amazing. For me, this has been the best Season ever. So many terrific songs, so much love, so much silliness, so much fun! Thank you for this amazing camping trip!

Greetings,

Going to miss the campfire :( Thanks loads!!!

Ciao

Yes indeed, a wonderful week. Never been camping in January, but I think I might have thawed out by April. Thanks for encouraging me to do some daft songs I've never tried before.

Thanks for a great season Linda! Love how everyone got into the fun spirit of it. Sorry to those of you who's songs I didn't get to listen to or comment on, still stuck in a busy period, so spare time isn't something I have much of these days and the seasons have taken a hit.

Top Bottom