Season 257 The Campfire Jam

Just a quick peek this morning to see where we are headed. Gotta find a tree and then Im diving back into the sleeping bag!

Sometimes when the season is wide open it makes it hard to find a direction to go. I know some of you don't like help and others do. Here is a map for those of you that are lost.

For those of you that don't want help, put your compasses away and look for the moss on the north side of the tree.

Ok - I looked at the map, but it was cloudy and there was no North Star - no twinkle twinkle big old star. Then I went over to the tree to find the moss, but decided to hug it instead. Uh oh - I can feel it - the hike has begun and I've just learned that last night a raccoon has been chewing on one of my boots! Would ABBA's "S.O.S" be a good song? ;)

Is it catchy, hopefully, does it have an easy to remember chorus, definitely, would everyone know it, doubtful.

CCR, folks. Perfect for any campfire. Thank you, John Fogerty.

When we had family members at the house after Christmas, they insisted I bring out the uke and play, and of course I did this one and everyone joined in singing.

Ok - I looked at the map, but it was cloudy and there was no North Star - no twinkle twinkle big old star. Then I went over to the tree to find the moss, but decided to hug it instead. Uh oh - I can feel it - the hike has begun and I've just learned that last night a raccoon has been chewing on one of my boots! Would ABBA's "S.O.S" be a good song? ;)

In your situation S.O.S would be appropriate.....did you forget to bring a flare gun?!

Wait wait!!!! I've just had a s'more. All's right with the world! I'll be back! ;)

(Linda, I ADORE this theme. Want to make sure my joking is taken in the the right way. :) )

Wait wait!!!! I've just had a s'more. All's right with the world! I'll be back! ;)

(Linda, I ADORE this theme. Want to make sure my joking is taken in the the right way. :) )

Nothing a good s'more can't cure. Im glad you've found your way back to camp.

Now, do you like your s'more with a Reese's peanut butter cups or Hershey's chocolate?
Personally I just like a good ole burnt marshmallow! No fancy stuff for me :)

Yeah...... you have to breath in & out through the 'harp to get the notes.....that is....... once you've found out where they are! :rotfl:
LOL!:biglaugh:

Nothing a good s'more can't cure. Im glad you've found your way back to camp.

Now, do you like your s'more with a Reese's peanut butter cups or Hershey's chocolate?
Personally I just like a good ole burnt marshmallow! No fancy stuff for me :)

You seriously just blew my mind...Reeses smores?!!:drool:

LOL!:biglaugh:You seriously just blew my mind...Reeses smores?!!:drool:

I have never heard of a s'mores before. I had to look it up.

Smores1.jpg

I have never heard of a s'mores before. I had to look it up.

Smores1.jpg

Yes, a traditional campfire snack. Personally, I would rather just stick a giant marshmallow on the end of a stick and toast it until it catches fire, then blow it out and eat it, charred outsides and all. Not that I don't like s'mores, I just really like the flavor of charred marshmallows.

Pay Me My Money Down

Before everyone else jumps in... : -)

I can't have a campfire without some cowboy songs. Especially if the cowboy song mentions a campfire. This one is a four-chord song, so if Bm gives you as much trouble as it gives me, feel free to break out your capo like I did. I'm sure you have one in your gig bag.

"The Sloop John B" Is a Traditional Bahamian Folk Song. In the Summer in the Bahamas on Wednesday Nights you will typically find Street Parties known as "Goombay Summer". Singing, Dancing, Merrymaking of all types. Join in when you get to the Islands!

Top Bottom