Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS Kala longneck & Gretch camp uke - TWOFER DEAL!

Default FS Kala longneck & Gretch camp uke - TWOFER DEAL!

My son (the REAL musician in the family) needs a trumpet upgrade, so I need to free up some cash. Brass instruments are not cheap.

For sale is a Kala longneck soprano (KA-SLNG) and a Gretsch Camp Uke (one of the modern repros, not vintage). Both are in fine condition, with only very light playwear.

IMG_0214.jpgIMG_0215.jpgIMG_0216.jpg

I would prefer to sell them together; if I don't get any takers on the twofer deal, I'll consider selling them separately.

$110 buys the pair, plus $20 to cover US shipping (sorry, I do not want to deal with international shipping). Payment by Paypal gift/friends & family payment (please don't stick me with the paypal fee!). I'm in Portsmouth, Ohio - I'd be willing to drive about an hour for a meetup if someone nearby wants them, and you wouldn't have to pay shipping then.

UPDATE (3/25): $110 for the pair, shipping now included in the US. Will reduce price further for local sale.

Reply or PM with any questions
    Last edited by river_driver; 03-25-2017 at 05:37 AM.

That Kala longneck is nice. I have one, but the version with the solid spruce top (KA-sSLNG).

How is the intonation on the Camp Uke?
    Guinea proverb: "A cow that has no tail should not try to chase away flies."

Camp uke's a real deal and lots of fun to play!! Love mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Booli View Post
    How is the intonation on the Camp Uke?
    Tuned up to ADF#B, it's damn near spot-on. Tuned GCEA, the C string gets a little off by the time you get to the 12th fret, which leads me to believe a different string set would solve the problem (I'm pretty sure I have Oasis Brights on it right now). But, if all you're doing is strumming cowboy chords up by the nut, it's not a problem anyway.

mid-week bump....

Where did you buy the Kala from?
    KoAloha KTR-00 / Ohana TK-35CG / Kala Bocote Butterfly Tenor KA-BFT (raffle win) / Oscar Schmidt OU2 with signatures!

I bought the Kala a couple years ago, off of another UU member who only had it about 2 weeks...she got it in a brick & mortar in NYC (I don't remember what it was), then found herself in a financial pinch and had to let it go.

Quote Originally Posted by river_driver View Post
    I bought the Kala a couple years ago, off of another UU member who only had it about 2 weeks...she got it in a brick & mortar in NYC (I don't remember what it was), then found herself in a financial pinch and had to let it go.
    How is the action on the Kala?
    KoAloha KTR-00 / Ohana TK-35CG / Kala Bocote Butterfly Tenor KA-BFT (raffle win) / Oscar Schmidt OU2 with signatures!

Quote Originally Posted by Uke182 View Post
    How is the action on the Kala?
    Looks like it's just a breath over 2 millimeters at the 12th fret. Nice & low, but not so low it's buzzy.

Bump! Feel free to throw out an offer!

Thread Information