Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW: iRig Acoustic Stage-$99

FYI - Sweetwater has them in stock as of the time of this post:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/iRigAcousticStg

Guitar Center does not show it yet, nor Musicians Friend or the other 5 sites I checked listed as online dealers on the IKMM product pages. Maybe in a week or so, since NAMM is just starting today.

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/dealers/
    Guinea proverb: "A cow that has no tail should not try to chase away flies."

I just ordered it from IKMM. I had Jampoints to redeem

I thought they only worked with iPhones & iPads, so never even bothered to look at them before!

What a daft name to call it - no doubt lots more people like me about - they're probably losing quite a few sales.
    Trying to do justice to various musical instruments.

I'm going to watch for your opinions before buying one, but if this works, it would far outweigh the expense of a MiSi...and allow for use on multiple devices!
    My ukulele blog: http://ukestuff.info

My ukulele YouTube channels:

Quote Originally Posted by uke1950 View Post
    I thought they only worked with iPhones & iPads, so never even bothered to look at them before!

What a daft name to call it - no doubt lots more people like me about - they're probably losing quite a few sales.
    Keith, this product in this thread is BRAND NEW, and yes, many products from IKMM were only for iOS devices. Starting about 3 yrs ago, they ALSO made USB audio interfaces under the iRig name.

For me, they can call it anything they want as long as it works well for the price.
    Last edited by Booli; 01-20-2017 at 03:09 AM.

Just curious - since there is a USB output, could you use it directly with a DAW on a Windows machine? That might make it useful as the simplest rig to take with me when travelling in case the recording bug strikes me.

Quote Originally Posted by greenie44 View Post
    Just curious - since there is a USB output, could you use it directly with a DAW on a Windows machine? That might make it useful as the simplest rig to take with me when travelling in case the recording bug strikes me.
    I would say that DAW input (regardless if Mac/PC/Linux/iOS/Android) was part of the intended use as per this info direct from the page linked above in the first post:

Quote Originally Posted by IKMM web site
    Compatibility

iRig Acoustic Stage can be connected to any amplifier, mixer or PA system using a 6.3mm / 1/4" TS mono jack cable.

iRig Acoustic Stage can also be used as USB recording interface for Mac/PC, iOS, Android.

Computers

Mac: Mac OS X 10.6 or later. One free USB port.
    Windows: Support using the ASIO4ALL driver on Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10. See our FAQ here for further details.

A USB to Micro-USB cable (sold separately) is required.

iOS Devices

Compatible with iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPod touch 6th generation, iPod touch 5th generation, iPad Pro (9.7-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch), iPad mini 4, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3, iPad Air, iPad mini 2, iPad 4th generation, iPad mini. iOS 6.0 or later is required.

A USB to Micro-USB cable (sold separately) and a Lightning to USB Camera Adapter (sold separately) are required.

Android Devices

Compatible with Android devices that support Samsung Professional Audio technology, like the Samsung Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 Edge, Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy Note Edge. Samsung Galaxy S5 and Galaxy Note 3 require Android 5.

Compatible with Android devices with USB (OTG) connector running Android apps that use USB (OTG) audio input.

Compatible with any Android devices with USB (OTG) connector running Android 5.

A Micro-USB-OTG to Micro-USB cable (sold separately) is required.
    [edited to add] Rick, your RISA stick can likely go into the AUX input which is intended for the piezo that might already be built in to your instrument, and you can turn the MIX knob to 100% AUX and all should be well. Keep in mind that this is a MIC and NOT a pickup so attaching it onto something like the RISA stick is likely to not capture much sound, this is NOT a piezo pickup it is a MEMS mic. If you have not already watched the video above, it shows how this is done.
    Last edited by Booli; 01-19-2017 at 12:26 PM. Reason: see edit

Quote Originally Posted by Booli View Post
    ...were only for iOS devices....top selling device for iOS ....

Whether the name daft or not, the original iRig was the first device of it's kind that allowed a guitar input to the original iPhone
    That's what I'm saying - they were marketed for iDevices - & I don't have any!
    Trying to do justice to various musical instruments.

Quote Originally Posted by photoshooter View Post
    Please let us know what you think of this gear? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by photoshooter View Post
    Thanks for reminding me about the Jampoints! With a 30% discount from Jampoints I figured that I might as well be one of the mavericks here too.

So add me to the list of early-adopters of the gen-2 version of the iRig Acoustic (sigh and fingers crossed)

They only let you apply the points for a maximum of 30% off the price per item, so I actually have some points left over.

Thus the price went from $99, down to $69, which is cheaper than Sweetwater, Amazon or B&H, all of which have free shipping. So since basic GROUND shipping from IKMM was a hard $12.99, I opted to upgrade that to 2ND-DAY-AIR for an additional $4, and in the end the total came out to $86.98.

Depending upon their pre-shipment processing time, I should have it in a few days.

Once I get it and have a chance to play with it, I will put up a video.

However, I have a low tolerance for devices that do not deliver on their promise and if I am not happy with it, I am sending it back right away, but I will still share the video in either event.

Stay Tuned!

Thread Information