NEW: iRig Acoustic Stage-$99

Welcome Jomasino, I'm happy to see that someone else is having luck with their iRig. I only played with mine for a short while last night but I like the sound I'm getting from it. I did the calibration and I think it made the sound even better. It's funny but before I set mine up I checked the IKMM forum to see if there were any known issues. I didn't see your thread braguesa or I would have not done the calibration. Thankfully it worked out (for now at least).

edited to add: Just for the sake of conversation… when I did the calibration I played a fairly gentle strum on each designated fret. I'm not crazy about the pictogram type user manuals. They're universal but leave a little too much to interpretation.

Last edited:
I've been using the iRig a little more today. I'm extremely pleased.
The piezo "quack" is gone. The sound is very very "microphonic", which is what I'm looking for (but it's a matter of taste, of course ... I have friends who prefer the piezo sound over a well miced instrument .. go figure :eek:

Anyway, I'm still amazed by the technology. I've never been able to find a convenient, mobile, inexpensive way to get "that" kind of miced sound for my acoustic instruments. I thought I was going to sound "piezo" for the rest of my life :) Not anymore :)
I'm trying to find criticisms, but it's hard. Even the preamp unit is well designed. My only concerns:
- the cable connecting the mic seems very very thin. I hope it's robust. It surely doesn't look like it. I'm gonna be very careful about it, but accidents happen. I wish it felt more solid and reliable. Time will tell I guess.
- the fact you cannot reset the calibration is so weird. If it's true, well, I can't understand the logic behind it. I'd love to experiment with calibration, but at the moment I just won't, unless IK tells us how to reset the device.
- I wish there was a way to use the "old" iRig Acoustic with the Stage Preamp. The connector is different. We don't even know if the old mic is the same as the new one. I think I will try to find an adapter and see if it works.

(by the way, I have an old iRig acoustic which I NEVER used cause I bought it my mistake - I have android devices, not iOS, so ... I hope the old one can work as backup).

Guys, I've done something really unusual, really brave, really bold, really dangerous .... I read the MANUAL !!! :)
And I found this (see page 12):

To return to the factory default calibration: start the calibration as per point (1) above then, while the
calibration process is going on, press the Tone button for at least 2 sec.

Hope this helps. Now I'll calibrate :)

Guys, I've done something really unusual, really brave, really bold, really dangerous .... I read the MANUAL !!! :)

To return to the factory default calibration: start the calibration as per point (1) above then, while the

You beat me to it. Sorry for any confusion experienced by anyone in this thread. This is a brand new release for NAMM and it has been a crazy time (as usual!).

The calibration reset is indeed in the manual as well as a list/chart of the instruments that should or should not use the calibration process. This full User Manual is available in your IK User Area upon registration of iRig Acoustic Stage.

I hope that helps.

Oh, I forgot the most important part - ukulele is one of the instruments on the list NOT to use the calibration so please perform the reset if you've tried the calibration already.

Thanks!

You beat me to it. Sorry for any confusion experienced by anyone in this thread. This is a brand new release for NAMM and it has been a crazy time (as usual!).

The calibration reset is indeed in the manual as well as a list/chart of the instruments that should or should not use the calibration process. This full User Manual is available in your IK User Area upon registration of iRig Acoustic Stage.

I hope that helps.

Oh, I forgot the most important part - ukulele is one of the instruments on the list NOT to use the calibration so please perform the reset if you've tried the calibration already.

Thanks!

Thanks to Jomasino and IKMM for detailing the info to reset the calibration.

Hopefully braguese will see this before he returns his unit.

This is very good news. :)

Yes, already packed for return but now I'll give another try. If I knew there was such a PDF manual maybe this discussion would never happen...

One last thing, I used to ask for support on IKMM facebook and they simply BANNED me...
...akward atitude!

One last thing, I used to ask for support on IKMM facebook and they simply BANNED me...
...akward atitude!
That's just stupid.

Word of mouth spreads really fast online, and if they get a reputation for being evil, it's only a matter of time before folks start looking for other products by a different company.

Sorry that happened to you.

...akward atitude!
That's not normal, I know there were some automated processes with banned words and such and mistakes are made so please PM your Facebook information to me and I'll have someone take a look. Thanks for letting me know.

Please note that our IK Support team does not use Facebook for support, and going forward the best way to get support is through the ticketing system. Thanks!

Last edited:
Yes, already packed for return but now I'll give another try. If I knew there was such a PDF manual maybe this discussion would never happen...
We are putting direct access of the PDF manuals outside of registration and for pre-purchase of our accessories on our site, and I believe we'll be adding the manual for iRig Acoustic Stage to the product page soon so hopefully that's a step in the right direction and I thank you for the suggestion.

We are putting direct access of the PDF manuals outside of registration and for pre-purchase of our accessories on our site, and I believe we'll be adding the manual for iRig Acoustic Stage to the product page soon so hopefully that's a step in the right direction and I thank you for the suggestion.

Thanks for being so responsive.

Like many gear-heads, I usually grab the PDF manual and read it, and actually study it before purchasing new equipment so this will help many people understand your products better.

I was put off, and now.... I might just get one.... good response IK Multimedia

I was put off, and now.... I might just get one.... good response IK Multimedia
Thanks, good to hear!

Please it may take a short time for the PDF manual on the product page, though. In the mean time, please note that the manual can be accessed by anyone right now at http://www.ikmanual.com/irigacousticstage [edit - that was quick, there's now a "Manuals" subpage available from the iRig Acoustic Stage product page]

I hope that helps too. We should also be adding additional information from the manual (especially that what instruments one should or should not calibrate) to the product page(s).

Last edited:
Thanks, good to hear!

Please it may take a short time for the PDF manual on the product page, though. In the mean time, please note that the manual can be accessed by anyone right now at http://www.ikmanual.com/irigacousticstage [edit - that was quick, there's now a "Manuals" subpage available from the iRig Acoustic Stage product page]

I hope that helps too. We should also be adding additional information from the manual (especially that what instruments one should or should not calibrate) to the product page(s).

Resetted, tested again and...
...I will not return this one, it sounds amazing!!!
I'm glad for my hearing, it didn't fool me.
That PDF must be online , indeed, people will try calibration and can get some very nasty results.
Thanks.

Booli brother thanks for this post, as always you are a great source of information. As you well know I was the first to get the iRig Acoustic sound hole mic and did an extensive test here A/B ing it against a Zoom H2N. I like the iRig but really, really really wanted to be able to plug it into an amp. Could not do it with the unit so never used it much

I will be buying this unit for sure. I like the idea of being able to plug in my piezo pick up equipped ukes (most my ukes have LR Baggs 5.0 pick ups) into the pre amp and blend with the mic via the mix nob. This should be fun and I will definitely do some sound samples.

Last edited:
Booli brother thanks for this post, as always you are a great source of information. As you well know I was the first to get the iRig Acoustic sound hole mic and did an extensive test here A/B ing it against a Zoom H2N. I like the iRig but really, really really wanted to be able to plug it into an amp. Could not do it with the unit so never used it much

I will be buying this unit for sure. I like the idea of being able to plug in my piezo pick up equipped ukes (most my ukes have LR Baggs 5.0 pick ups) into the pre amp and blend with the mic via the mix nob. This should be fun and I will definitely do some sound samples.

Yes, Brother Dave, you were the pioneer last time and took the leap-of-faith for all of us - LOL

Your efforts were pivotal in many of us deciding to follow you.

The original iRig was innovative in the use of a MEMS mic, but for me, had limitations as well.

I am glad that IKMM has continued to develop and improve on this idea and the technology that has enhanced it in the new version.

Top Bottom