Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW: iRig Acoustic Stage-$99

Looking forward to seeing reviews of this from our members.

I originally thought having electric & electro acoustic was the way to go, but I've been playing mainly acoustic lately, using a USB mic, so this could be something to think about buying.
    Trying to do justice to various musical instruments.

Default Attention!!!

Got one today and messed with it for several hours, never got a decent Sound. The calibration process ruins your sound, sometimes tiny other boomy, I have the original analog version and sounds way better. Another thing to note is that the two versions are not compatible, mics have different plugs.

Quote Originally Posted by uke1950 View Post
    Looking forward to seeing reviews of this from our members.

I originally thought having electric & electro acoustic was the way to go, but I've been playing mainly acoustic lately, using a USB mic, so this could be something to think about buying.

Quote Originally Posted by Booli View Post
    Rick, your RISA stick can likely go into the AUX input which is intended for the piezo that might already be built in to your instrument, and you can turn the MIX knob to 100% AUX and all should be well. Keep in mind that this is a MIC and NOT a pickup so attaching it onto something like the RISA stick is likely to not capture much sound, this is NOT a piezo pickup it is a MEMS mic. If you have not already watched the video above, it shows how this is done.
    Thanks, Booli. I would use this with a uke other than the Risa to avoid taking an audio interface with me on the road. If I am going to be playing with anyone else, I have other ukes I prefer. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by braguesa View Post
    Got one today and messed with it for several hours, never got a decent Sound. The calibration process ruins your sound, sometimes tiny other boomy, I have the original analog version and sounds way better. Another thing to note is that the two versions are not compatible, mics have different plugs.

Thanks for sharing this info. Mine is due to arrive on WED 1/25. I will be very upset if my experience parallels yours. I'll just have to wait and see.
    Last edited by Booli; 01-23-2017 at 01:36 PM. Reason: date correction
    Guinea proverb: "A cow that has no tail should not try to chase away flies."

Mine arrived today. I didn't have time to put it through rigorous testing but my initial impression is very good. I'm no authority on audio so I'm just going on what I feel. It's so pleasing to hear my uke come out of a speaker sounding like...my uke. The calibration process went well for me. I'll make some time this week to do some in depth testing. I also pulled out the first acoustic version to see if they were compatible and was a little surprised that they're not.

Booli, I'll drop you a line. I'll need your help setting up a meaningful test/demo.

Mike

...Another thing to note is that the two versions are not compatible, mics have different plugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by photoshooter View Post
    .... I also pulled out the first acoustic version to see if they were compatible and was a little surprised that they're not...
    Are the plugs different sizes? As in the old version is 1/8" or 3.5mm and the new version is 3/32" or 2.5mm?

Or is it because the plug on the old version is 4-conductor TRRS and the new version is 3-conductor TRS or 2-conductor TS? (you can tell by the number of black rings on the plug, which are the insulators between each connection)

In any of these cases, there are adapters you can use to make it work. I had thought of this as well, and just figured I'd cut the 20 ft cord of the original about 6" from the hump with the headphone jack, and then solder on a new plug to whatever matches the new version. Places like allelectronics.com and parts-express.com sell all kinds of plugs, jacks, etc for audio and computer stuff for real cheap (some even less than $1), but you will pay at least $7 for ground shipping.

Too bad Radio Shack is gone, and no retail left. Yes, their parts were not cheap, but you could have them in hand immediately, and they really botched their web site. Days gone by...alas...radioshack.com is now owned by a holding company that bought their assets (including the name) and is still selling a very limited sub-set of the original inventory items.

Yes the plugs are different sizes. The actual mic part looks identical.

Default I'll return mine

Mine arrived today. I didn't have time to put it through rigorous testing but my initial impression is very good. I'm no authority on audio so I'm just going on what I feel. It's so pleasing to hear my uke come out of a speaker sounding like...my uke. The calibration process went well for me. I'll make some time this week to do some in depth testing. I also pulled out the first acoustic version to see if they were compatible and was a little surprised that they're not.

Booli, I'll drop you a line. I'll need your help setting up a meaningful test/demo.

Mike
    I'm so disappointed I'll return mine using my 14 days Withdrawal Right. It doens't work for me, sound is terrible!!!

Yes the plugs are different sizes. The actual mic part looks identical.
    Interesting. I wonder why they did that? Could be simple "planned obsolescence" but I guess there could be a technical reason like the gen1 has to support input and output and the gen2 just does input.
    Ukulele:
    Iriguchi Tenor "Weeble" - A, WoU Clarity
    Blue Star 19" baritone Konablaster - DGBE
    Cocobolo 16" SC#1-gCEA, SC SLMU
    Ono #42 19" baritone, Ab, LW
    Imua iET-Bb, M600
    Covered Bridge CLN pineapple - Eb cuatro, SC XLL
    Rogue bari
    Bonanza super tenor, cFAD SC LHU
    Kala KSLNG, Eb SC XLU
    Flea soprano, C LW
    Hanson 5-string tenor, dGCEA
    Bonanza SLN GCEA
    Bonanzalele concert
    Guitars:
    Jupiter #47, G, TI CF127

!Flukutronic!

I'm so disappointed I'll return mine using my 14 days Withdrawal Right. It doens't work for me, sound is terrible!!!
    Maybe your calibration was imperfect?

Is it not possible to 'undo' the calibration and restore it to default? Does the default setting sound bad?

What about just re-doing the calibration?

Have you another uke or guitar or something else to test it with?

Maybe all is not lost and it's just a matter of the proper finesse during calibration?

What have you plugged it into? USB? 'Electric' Guitar Amp? PA input? All variables that will alter the expectations for audio fidelity that need to be considered.

I won't be able to offer specific feedback until mine gets here in 2 days.

Thread Information