Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: Brand new Ohana SK-50WS

Cool FS: Brand new Ohana SK-50WS

This is a willow figured sides and back with solid cedar top, soprano-scale ukulele. It is brand new and drop-shipped from Ohana just a day ago.
    Opened up today to make sure all is right and no flaws or defects and tuned it up and played it for about 10 minutes not even that.

This is a model that comes in geared tuners.
    I purchased this mistakenly believing it was friction tuners due to the advertisement. Since I discussed with the seller (who dropped shipped) and returns and so forth would have incurred ship costs for me or him for no reason , we agreed I just keep it at a refunded lower cost and then sell it at My cost to you here who may want it.
    It is a very nice uke. Actually would have kept it over my cordoba 22s definitely but one higher end soprano w geared ears is good enough for me.

$129 firm either local pick up, or plus shipping to your location. I have original ohana boxes and packing to exactly place it back in to seal and ship.
    Pic coming soon
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Debussychopin; 01-21-2017 at 08:49 AM.
    All for sale; pm me:

Brand new Loprinzi Honduran mahogany soprano w new hardshell case. $350 -> 325

The pictures at Ohana's site sure look like friction tuners http://www.ohana-music.com/index.php...oduct_id=29795 it's definitely not cool that they are in fact open back geared tuners. How good is the factory set up on it?

Out of the box I like the intonation across all frets and all strings. I like how the edge of fretboard us ever slightly beveled or filed rounded.
    The string height maybe slightly higher for some but I prefer sort of err on higher side due to what I like in terms of classical picking but my judgment is not the most experienced. All I have to compare to is my makala and cordoba and set up seems fine for me on all. (Of course the makala and cordoba were set up by brick and mortar. Not drop ship..but this is ohana, so).

In terms of the geared tuners, these are more refined than the ones on my cordoba. The cordoba ones are perfectly fine but these ohana ones are smooth turning, which is my first encounter of this as all my other ones so far are kind of mediocre but serviceable like the cordoba.
    Hope that helps

Here's a good review of this model:
    https://youtu.be/FIFPhylbfAs
    Last edited by Debussychopin; 01-20-2017 at 08:09 PM.
    All for sale; pm me:

Ken Middleton also has a great intro/review here:

Part 1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Er3iXFEg-4

and Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K151lMbQMj4

Good luck with the sale!
    Guinea proverb: "A cow that has no tail should not try to chase away flies."

Quote Originally Posted by 3j0hn View Post
    The pictures at Ohana's site sure look like friction tuners http://www.ohana-music.com/index.php...oduct_id=29795 it's definitely not cool that they are in fact open back geared tuners. How good is the factory set up on it?
    The photo may show friction tuners, but the description clearly says "Gotoh geared tuners".
    Banjo Ukes: Southern Cross, Firefly, Stella
    Sopranos: Donaldson, Timms, Moku, Waterman, Bugsgear, Outdoor, Waverly Street, Harmony
    Concerts:Cocobolo #412, Ohana CK450QEL, CK-65D, Rosewood Vita, Mahogany Vita,
    Donaldson Custom, Epi Les Paul, National Triolian Reso, Republic
    Tenors: Kala KA-KTG-CY, KoAloha Sceptre, Fluke, Cordoba 20TM
    Bass: Fluke Timber

Am I done?

...Maybe?...

My YouTube Channel

I own the concert version of this uke. It's a mighty fine instrument. That's a good price. A buyer will enjoy owning and playing this one.
    PLAYERS: Martin C1K • Enya Nova U concert (BLUE!) • Ohana CK-50WG concert (solid cedar top) • Ohana SK-28 ‘Nunes’ • Flea koa soprano • Ohana SK-35G solid mahogany soprano <yay!!> • Famous FS-1 <yippee!!> • Firefly maple concert banjolele <yee-haw!> • Makala MK-CE concert
    LOOKERS: • Vintage 'Mauna Loa' c. 1925 soprano • Kahuna "Felix the Cat" soprano • Woodrow "Steelers" soprano <eyeroll>

Raleigh Uke Jam:

My YouTube page

Thank you all. Yes it is quite nice I prefer to keep this one but cant Unless someone is willing to buy my cordoba off of me. Lol
    All for sale; pm me:

I saw the Concert and soprano version at my local shop and like the golden willow look. But bought a CK-22 for the spruce top sound.

That is a very nice price, but I have more ukes than I can play and just spent a lot of money on my third Tenor. Ohana makes a fine uke. My new TK-50G is just beautiful and so easy to play. I bet this one is a joy to play. I'd sell the Cordoba and have someone swap the tuners for geared peg heads.

just get these and you'll be all set!
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/GROVER-Champ...sAAOSwe7BW1f52
    Just Play

Sopranos: 1st uke, Lanikai soprano LU-11 - Aquilas | 30's Martin style 0 - Martins
    Concerts: Kanile'a K-2 CP - Living Water | Islander AC-4 - Living Water | Waverly Street banjolele - Worth Browns
    Tenor: Epiphone Hummingbird - Living Water low G
    UBass: Kala FS2 - Pahoehoe

I would buy this like a shot if you were in the UK.....
    Latecomer to uke but loving it! Baton Rouge U108S soprano, Kiwaya KS-5 soprano, Uluru II concert low G, Barnes & Mullins banjolele UBJ2.

Thread Information