FS: Brand new Ohana SK-50WS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debussychopin

Reaction score
This is a willow figured sides and back with solid cedar top, soprano-scale ukulele. It is brand new and drop-shipped from Ohana just a day ago.
Opened up today to make sure all is right and no flaws or defects and tuned it up and played it for about 10 minutes not even that.

This is a model that comes in geared tuners.
I purchased this mistakenly believing it was friction tuners due to the advertisement. Since I discussed with the seller (who dropped shipped) and returns and so forth would have incurred ship costs for me or him for no reason , we agreed I just keep it at a refunded lower cost and then sell it at My cost to you here who may want it.
It is a very nice uke. Actually would have kept it over my cordoba 22s definitely but one higher end soprano w geared ears is good enough for me.

$129 firm either local pick up, or plus shipping to your location. I have original ohana boxes and packing to exactly place it back in to seal and ship.
Pic coming soon

Attachments

• 20170120_111458.jpg
    20170120_111458.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 100
  • 20170120_111549.jpg
    20170120_111549.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 88
  • 20170120_112309.jpg
    20170120_112309.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 88
  • 20170120_112342.jpg
    20170120_112342.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 68
  • 20170120_112406.jpg
    20170120_112406.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Out of the box I like the intonation across all frets and all strings. I like how the edge of fretboard us ever slightly beveled or filed rounded.
The string height maybe slightly higher for some but I prefer sort of err on higher side due to what I like in terms of classical picking but my judgment is not the most experienced. All I have to compare to is my makala and cordoba and set up seems fine for me on all. (Of course the makala and cordoba were set up by brick and mortar. Not drop ship..but this is ohana, so).

In terms of the geared tuners, these are more refined than the ones on my cordoba. The cordoba ones are perfectly fine but these ohana ones are smooth turning, which is my first encounter of this as all my other ones so far are kind of mediocre but serviceable like the cordoba.
Hope that helps :)

Here's a good review of this model:
https://youtu.be/FIFPhylbfAs

Last edited:
I own the concert version of this uke. It's a mighty fine instrument. That's a good price. A buyer will enjoy owning and playing this one.

Thank you all. Yes it is quite nice I prefer to keep this one but cant Unless someone is willing to buy my cordoba off of me. Lol

I saw the Concert and soprano version at my local shop and like the golden willow look. But bought a CK-22 for the spruce top sound.

That is a very nice price, but I have more ukes than I can play and just spent a lot of money on my third Tenor. Ohana makes a fine uke. My new TK-50G is just beautiful and so easy to play. I bet this one is a joy to play. I'd sell the Cordoba and have someone swap the tuners for geared peg heads.

I would buy this like a shot if you were in the UK.....

The thing about swapping out, it leaves the screw holes in plain sight after replacing. No? Is there a way to cover that up I don't want to muck up a brand new nice uke w toothpick ends or epoxy filler glue stuff.

I'm sure the tenor version of this is powerful bc this one is a little cannon.

I would ship to uk but I'm afraid what the cost would be and I'm always afraid of fragile items like this going through the careless hands of customs agents.

Last edited:
Thanks for the thought but quite apart from the obvious risks of sending it, I would be hit for taxes and fees for collecting taxes in addition to the shipping cost - all in all it's not worth it.

Good luck with the sale - it looks gorgeous and has a great reputation for sound.

The thing about swapping out, it leaves the screw holes in plain sight after replacing. No? Is there a way to cover that up I don't want to muck up a brand new nice uke w toothpick ends or epoxy filler glue stuff.

Plain sight? They are on the back of the headstock! But if it would bother you...get some matching wood filler, won't be invisible, but could be innocuous. Just a suggestion...

I'm the happy new owner

cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom