Season 258 Hottest 2,300

All caught up. Here's a picture from my office today. In the end we didn't get to walk to Lake Osborne because it pelted down with hail, but the Airwalk was fun.
DSC_0005.jpg

Wow ... those Triple J listings certainly gave pause for thought, Robin! Torn as I was between recording "I Want to be a Nudist", "Who Farted?" and "Waving My Dick in the Wind"; I opted for this more conservative and gender-appropriate recording of one of that great Australian Band, "Crowded House's" most popular hits. (P.S. I do hope you are still speaking to one another if you have been to choose your light fittings!) And sorry .... this was No. 76 in 1998.

Last edited:
Hi guys. I'm keeping up and it looks like a slow work week for me, so I'll give you an an extra song. However, the extra song may not be from any of the "all-time" lists. It must be from one of the annual lists that began in 1993. So the 3 allowable entries are as follows.
1. Any listed song
2. Only from annual lists (not all-time lists)
3. Must be from this year's countdown, which will be released on January 26th.

Breaking News - Just letting everyone know the 257 has wrapped.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program!

Last edited:
Greetings,

Great lists to pick from! I selected a few, hope I get time to record later in the week!!!!

Ciao

Having noticed a lot of love for Neil Finn and Meg Mac this weekend, I was surprised to see a poster for a show by Neil Finn supported by Meg Mac while I was in town. What a coincidence!

(P.S. I do hope you are still speaking to one another if you have been to choose your light fittings!)

Absolutely still talking to each other. It was touch and go with our electrician for a while, though.

Glad we're allowed a second, as I missed this one the first time through the lists. Number 52 in 2008. What does it mean? Who knows, but I am definitely the former.

I thought I would do a Non-U2 song as a second song. This is my take on Nothingness by Living Colour.
This was #71 in 1993.

Fine theme, thank you Robin! The "Hottest" list contains many memorable and even more vaguely familiar songs.

Number 72 of 2012: "All The Rowboats" by Regina Spektor. (Apparently I'm struggling to make "antifolk" song more "folk" or at least less "anti". :))

I'm listening and listening when I have time but have yet to find something that speaks to me. I'm making myself only do songs I will continue to do and not just one offs. So, I'll keep searching........

Let me know if you need a hand and I might be able to point you to something you will like.

Right now I'm working on #1 of 2006. I'm hoping to be able to include it in this week's playlist, but it has a LOT of lyrics...

I'm listening and listening when I have time but have yet to find something that speaks to me. I'm making myself only do songs I will continue to do and not just one offs. So, I'll keep searching........

Hi Janet,

You might want to have a look at these songs. I'm not sure what will speak to you, so I took a bit of a scattergun approach with these. At least I managed to weed out some of the ones that I think you definitely wouldn't like. Also if there are any other people who are in a similar position to Janet and have similar taste in music, it might pay to check these out.

I only included artists once, so if you like the artist, but not the song, it might be a good idea to have a look at what else they have done in the various countdowns.

#1 Chet Faker: Talk is Cheap
#10 Asgeir: King and Cross

#2 Lorde: Royals

#1 Angus and Julia Stone: Big Jet Plane

2009 (all time)
Nick Cave: Into My Arms (also check out #8 from 1995: Where the Wild Roses Grow)

#56 Xavier Rudd: Better People

#8 Gotye: Heart's a Mess

#15 Sarah Blasko: Flame Trees (cover of Jimmy Barnes song)

#6 Missy Higgins: 10 Days
#72 Placebo: Running Up That Hill (cover of Kate Bush song)

#19 George: Special Ones (Might be tricky. Katie Noonan is an incredible singer)

#24 Macy Gray: I Try
#67 Madonna: Beautiful Stranger

1989 (all time)
#2 Hunters and Collectors: Throw Your Arms Around Me (it's a pretty song if you can get over the incredibly creepy lyrics)
#48 Enya: Orinoco Flow

Top Bottom