Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Hive Katalox & Red Spruce Build Progress

I really do love the color the Katalox has taken under finish. The top is a primo piece of spruce as well, with all the silking evident in the grain structure. No doubt it will sound amazing, you must be getting excited
    Currently enjoying these ukuleles : *LdfM tenor, *LfdM 19" super tenor. *LfdM baritone, *I'iwi tenor , *Koolau tenor, *Webber tenor, *Kimo tenor, *Kimo super concert, *Mya Moe baritone, *Kamaka baritone, *Gianinni baritone, *Fred Shields walnut pineapple super soprano, *Kala super soprano, *Loprinzi super soprano, *Black bear ULO concert , *Enya X1 concert, *Enya X1 pineapple soprano, *Enya Nova *Gretsch tenor, *Korala plastic concert

I've been waiting for an update on this uke, Hodge. I figured that it was getting close. The finish looks fantastic!

Fantastic, Hodge. Cannot wait to officially welcome you to the Bee Hive! ;-)
    More an appreciator of the ukulele than a true player. My motto is: "Don't matter how good it ring if it ain't got some bling."

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.—Voltaire

Curious about the relative importance of tonewood vs. the luthier? See Luthiers for a Cause to learn more!

Gorgeous looking ukulele; I'm sure it will sound fantastic also. looking forward to your sound bite.

That uke looks sexy. Would love to hear a sound sample of that, and hear how it sings.

It is now complete and on its way to me.
    IMG_7592 by , on Flickr

IMG_7613 by , on Flickr

IMG_7594 by , on Flickr

IMG_7614 by , on Flickr
    -Hodge
    Humble strummer of fine ukes.

Wow Hodge, this is SO AMAZING. I am happy for you.

Congrats on the purchase of it ... I am sure it will bring you so much pleasure for years!
    How bad is your UAS?

Man that is SLEEK! Congrats. BTW, what are you going to string it with?

That is pure CLASS

I would take that to the high school prom it is so beautiful looking.
    Currently enjoying these ukuleles : *LdfM tenor, *LfdM 19" super tenor. *LfdM baritone, *I'iwi tenor , *Koolau tenor, *Webber tenor, *Kimo tenor, *Kimo super concert, *Mya Moe baritone, *Kamaka baritone, *Gianinni baritone, *Fred Shields walnut pineapple super soprano, *Kala super soprano, *Loprinzi super soprano, *Black bear ULO concert , *Enya X1 concert, *Enya X1 pineapple soprano, *Enya Nova *Gretsch tenor, *Korala plastic concert

Hodge, I'm not sure I've ever been as excited about somebody else's uke! LOL. Given the many fine ukes you've had, I am very much looking forward to you joining the Bee Hive! ;-)
    More an appreciator of the ukulele than a true player. My motto is: "Don't matter how good it ring if it ain't got some bling."

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.—Voltaire

Curious about the relative importance of tonewood vs. the luthier? See Luthiers for a Cause to learn more!

Thread Information