Tia Carrere & Daniel Ho - from HMS sessions

Made me so happy. Now I'm ready to get out of bed and face the snow storm.

:smileybounce:

So glad you liked it! Her voice is like an angel, and Daniel's playing always just blows me away...

:smileybounce:

So glad you liked it! Her voice is like an angel, and Daniel's playing always just blows me away...

Agree with you 100%.

I still think Daniel Ho's Polani album sets a high watermark in a pure fingerstyle ukulele album and he recorded it 10 years ago. By the way folks, for these videos he is playing a production line Tiny Tenor. I also saw him record with one of the newer, lower priced laminate ones. Tone was fantastic.

Booli: thanks for posting. I thoroughly enjoyed the videos. I didn't know she was a singer. I only know her as an actress.

I only knew her from the 'Wayne's World' Mike Meyers movies, UNTIL I was checking out Daniel Ho's site after first finding out about the PhD strings with Jason Arimoto, and later again when the Tiny Tenor came out...and I saw that Daniel collaborated with Tia on several recording projects, which of course lead me to her web site, and I was in love with her voice right from the start.

So, this morning, in the wee hours when I got a YT notice that HMS had new videos posted, I went post-haste to check them out and while watching, realized how special these are, so I brought them over here to UU for everyone else to see.

Andrew and crew have been working so hard at NAMM with all of their videos, and these are really special.

We would all be somewhat lost at sea without the efforts of the HMS crew I think. Their contributions to the ukulele community cannot possibly be overstated, and I feel blessed to witness such amazing things that we can all share, such as the videos above here. Andrew is one of my heroes.

:worship: He seems like walking Aloha to me.

Here's another recording of the performance of Tia Carrere and Daniel Ho at NAMM:

Here's another recording of the performance of Tia Carrere and Daniel Ho at NAMM...

That's wonderful!

I hope to meet them one day.

Thanks for adding the video here. Such good things coming out of NAMM to start off 2017! :)

"Scwhing!!!"
I loved it.

I know her from 'Relic hunter' but I didn't know that she sings as well. Ah well, Lucy Lawless is also a singer so let Tia have fun too:)

Another actress that has a beautiful voice is Zooey Deschannel. And let's not forget Julie Andrews. Remember her?

Zooey has a whole ton of music videos on YT. She did a few with Joseph Gordon Levitt, and they both are ukulele players.

I once read somewhere that if you were to look up 'quirky' on Wiki, that her picture should be there, while it was a joke, I think there's some truth to that. She's definitely a little left-of-center but in a cool way...

'The Sound Of Music' (movie musical) was burned into my brain at an early age and Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer were regulars on tv in my house when I was growing up.

Last edited:
I think Zoe Deshannel is terrific, took great notice when she did "Almost Famous" and I've seen her uke videos, fun stuff.

Top Bottom