Souzas / Kanile'a on CNBC tonight

I wonder how I could get this in order to play it for my students on a day that I'll be gone?

You just put in a VCR tape and set to record. You guys all til use VCRs right? J/k

Looks like it's on again 3 hours after it first ran, then again on Wednesday 2/1 at 430 Pacific time

Like lots of shows that are broadcast, and inspired by what PBS does, one might be able to purchase a DVD of a specific episode for $20+, but I am not sure what CNBC offers.

Last edited:
Kanile'a Ukes on Blue Collar Millionaires

I caught an episode of a CNBC show called Blue Collar Millionaires that might interest most of us. It had a segment on Joe and Kristen Souza, the owners of Kanile'a Ukuleles (S02E06 if you can find it). They mentioned that they sell about 2200 Kanile'a ukes a year, with an average cost of $800, but a margin of only 15%. They also sell 10,000 entry level "Islander" ukes a year, with a cost of $50 and a margin of 45% (!). If you can find the episode on the CNBC site or YouTube it's worth a watch if just to see Joe demonstrate their special bracing system for their ukes.

Here's a short into I found on the CNBC site.

http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000586783

Not sure where the title comes from, because all the people they show are simply successful entrepreneurs, not blue collar workers who saved up millions of dollars.

If you have xfinity, this episode is available on demand. Perhaps from other tv programming providers as well.

Top Bottom