Advice for Beginning Ukulele in very unusual English.

Buddy McCue

Reaction score
If you're entertained by badly translated English, then you should see this.
http://fasra.com/en/book-reviews/news_2008-05-21-13-31-56-340.html
It's an introduction to ukulele playing entitled, "Ukulele Beginners: Ten Ways
To Excite Off to the Culminating Inauguration."

It seems like good advice overall, but the English certainly is unusual.
An example:

7. Dominance your ukulele loosely. It is all to effortless to choke the tone and book
elsewhere of your ukulele by holding it further tight. Fee speedy control to how the
top players approximating Jake Shimabukuro clutch the ukulele.

Looks like Babelfish output...

It should be good advice, for the link at the bottom reveals that it's written by none other than Al Wood of Ukulele Hunt.

My guess is that it has been auto-translated from English to another language, and then back again. That always yields funny results, and crushes people's beliefs in auto-translation :)

Reminds me of something I ran into once. We bought a new dehumidifier for the basement after the old one died. I've never been able to figure the stupid thing out, because the instructions read the same way as the stuff you posted. Turn it on and it'll run for two seconds and then quit...

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. Just play the damn thing.

It should be good advice, for the link at the bottom reveals that it's written by none other than Al Wood of Ukulele Hunt.

My guess is that it has been auto-translated from English to another language, and then back again. That always yields funny results, and crushes people's beliefs in auto-translation :)

yeah, I saw that too, funny how the sentences were changed^^

Top Bottom