Ken Middleton Living Water Strings

What is the usual turn around time for LW strings from the UK to the USA (Portland, OR)? I ordered 3 sets on March 16 and paid with Paypal direct. Although I have been reassured they were mailed within a few days of order, I am still waiting.

What is the usual turn around time for LW strings from the UK to the USA (Portland, OR)? I ordered 3 sets on March 16 and paid with Paypal direct. Although I have been reassured they were mailed within a few days of order, I am still waiting.

I just checked Ken’s Website ( http://www.kenmiddleton.co.uk/contact/ ) and it appears to be up and functioning. If you haven’t already done so a prompt by email would be good and I believe that he’s a member here to so a private message is also a possibility. Good luck with resolving all of this, from time to time suppliers do have items that go missing in the Post - the Post is something that is normally outside of their control.

Last edited:
Loving this thread, very interesting discussion
o.png

Last edited:
I get my LW strings from Uke Republic. Only place in the USA that I've found that carries them. I ordered on 4/17 and they should arrive tomorrow. Georgia to Utah.

I get my LW strings from Uke Republic. Only place in the USA that I've found that carries them. I ordered on 4/17 and they should arrive tomorrow. Georgia to Utah.
I ordered two sets from Uke Republic on April 5 and they shipped the same day. I figured they’d get to Canada quicker ordering from Mike. Tracking shows they left Miami International April 8 (and that’s the last I’ll hear with USPS shipping). Still waiting here in Ontario. Hopefully next week.

Last edited:
I ordered two sets from Uke Republic on April 5 and they shipped the same day. I figured they get to .canada quicker ordering from Mike. Tracking shows they left Miami International April 8 (and that’s the last I’ll hear with USPS shipping). Still waiting here in Ontario. Hopefully next week.
Odd that the order went south to Miami from Atlanta, instead of north to Canada. But the USPS does weird things sometimes. Let us know what you think of the strings once you try them. I’ve liked them on a variety of ukuleles.

Odd that the order went south to Miami from Atlanta, instead of north to Canada. But the USPS does weird things sometimes. Let us know what you think of the strings once you try them. I’ve liked them on a variety of ukuleles.
I’m assuming Atlanta doesn’t have an international sort facility and went to the nearest one?

A week or so is more typical from my experience although it has been awhile since I last ordered. Does your postman play the uke? :p

A week or so is more typical from my experience although it has been awhile since I last ordered. Does your postman play the uke? :p

You would think with such a small package that a week or two would be the norm, but thought I'd see what others experiences have been when ordering direct from the source.

Haha!
Not sure if the postal gal I have plays the uke, but I do have USPS 'Informed delivery" set up, so I know in advance what mail & packages have been scanned/sorted in advance of delivery even without tracking. Still waiting......

I love me some Living Water strings! Put 'em on two of my ukes today, to celebrate Easter. :)

I've never had any problems ordering from Ken, and the delivery time seems to average about two weeks, IIRC.

I like Living Waters because: 1.) they sound good, 2.) they feel good, 3.) they stay in tune good (Sorry, southern American grammar there!), and 4.) they last a long time.

Because it goes through Customs, there is no usual time. It can sit at Customs for weeks or be released immediately. Your tracking number will let you know if it is awaiting clearance.

Because it goes through Customs, there is no usual time. It can sit at Customs for weeks or be released immediately. Your tracking number will let you know if it is awaiting clearance.

Unfortunately, there is no tracking number that I have been made aware of. But if the package ever gets scanned into the USPS system I would know with their "Informed delivery" system. So your thought about the string sets stuck in Customs may be the only answer.
I just ordered 1 set from Uke Republic to tide me over. I use these on my Outdoor Ukulele and my Koaloha and Imua koa tenor ukes.

Sweet. Glad you finally got them. Let us know how you like them.

Top Bottom