FS: Martin Size 5 (Mini) Tenor Guitar only 1 year old - Made in the USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

rosepose

Reaction score
This is a beautiful, like-new, made in the USA, Martin Size 5 Tenor Guitar, in mint condition. I purchased this new from Elderly Instruments in February 2016, and I believe only a few of these were made exclusively for Elderly. I am a baritone ukulele player and wanted to try a bigger instrument without learning new chord shapes. It sounds, looks and feels wonderful, but I’m more comfortable with the size of the uke so the tenor guitar has barely been touched. Here are the specs: Size 5 (mini) body of solid sipo, single ring soundhole rosette, morado bridge, 4 string neck, solid peghead with old-style Martin decal, vintage style open-gear tuners with cream buttons and Elderly Instruments stamp on back of peghead. Solid morado fretboard (23” scale, 1 ¼” nut), small pearl dot position markers. Tuned DGBE, but can be tuned CGDA or GDAE (or any tenor guitar tuning I suppose). A K&K twin-spot pickup and ebony strap button were installed by an authorized Martin luthier. Inside the body is stamped "C.F. Martin & Co., Nazareth, PA." Approximate body dimensions: upper bout 8”, lower bout 11”, maximum depth 3 ¾”, body length 15 ¾”, total length 34”. Satin finish. A Martin flattop hardshell case, also in mint condition, is included. I paid $1695 and will sell for $1350 and I will pay $50 toward shipping.

That is absolutely stunningly beautiful. Makes me almost want to learn tenor guitar so I can buy it. Wow

By the way, i don't think my history on the forum is still available, but in the past several years I bought a Talsma baritone and sold a Loprinzi, Boat Paddle and Kanilea baritone and a Loprinzi tenor on the UU marketplace. I am still suffering sellers remorse over most of those sales, by the way. All those transactions went smoothly and I think the buyers would vouch for the condition of my instruments. (I now have two beautiful baritones--a Talsma and a Loprinzi.)

I do play baritone I believe bc I play nylon strings guitar. I don't play steel string as I never got used to it.
I do know how you feel about selling things you have to bc of extraneous reasons. I felt that about a several things I sold. Loprinzi is way nice I have one uke I totally recommend those

Yes... Yahoo! How do we do this sale? Is there an extra set of strings? or make a
list of the brand & gauges recommended. I have been playing a very difficult set up
cheaper guitar; I have drooled looking at this Martin. I hope it has a low action.
Does it? D.Patz siskadee@earthlink.net not sure how to do this reply thing.

Seriously interested. PM sent.

Yes... Yahoo! How do we do this sale? Is there an extra set of strings? or make a
list of the brand & gauges recommended. I have been playing a very difficult set up
cheaper guitar; I have drooled looking at this Martin. I hope it has a low action.
Does it? D.Patz siskadee@earthlink.net not sure how to do this reply thing.

Strings are D'Addario J66/EJ66 for tenor guitar CGDA tuning and are like $4.50 everywhere strings are sold

For DGBE tuning just buy a set of HEAVY acoustic guitar strings 13-56, and only use for 4 thinner stings and you're all set...there's no math involved :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom