Fast-Fret cleaner/lubricant

I used to use it when I played steel string guitar as my primary instrument. It slowed corrosion on the strings but I don't think it made any difference with string squeak. Not sure what it would do for wound nylon strings.

I have it, used it once and never again. Made the nylon strings feel super greasy and slippery. After that I went the polished low G route and never turned back and to think I only rubbed it on the Low G and somehow throughout 5 mins of playing, managed to smear itself on all the strings....works great on steel strings thou

I have it, used it once and never again. Made the nylon strings feel super greasy and slippery. After that I went the polished low G route and never turned back and to think I only rubbed it on the Low G and somehow throughout 5 mins of playing, managed to smear itself on all the strings....works great on steel strings thou

Ditto.

I believe Aldrine had used Fast Fret in the past. But I personally didn't care for it on the ukulele.

Also, I love the nylon low G.

I have used finger ease in the past. It works well, but I don't like the feel of it too much. To clean fret boards I always use lemon oil. It is best for reconditioning wood, and acts as a natural lubricant that wont damage your instruments strings or fretboard. its not for everyone though,and sometimes just washing your hands well can help reduce the string chirp/squeek

I used the my fast fret on a uke recently and those strings squeaked something awful! It's great for cleaning frets and fretboard but the oil mixed with nylon strings is not a good combination. I wouldn't use it again while strung.

Try fitting a Freemont Soloist low g squeakless string. They really work to stop that scratchy sound.

Top Bottom