Another Australian Blackwood Tenor completed

BR Ukuleles

Reaction score
I'm particularly pleased with this one that is a commison from a previous clients referral. It's some high figure Australian Blackwood with a Master Grade Sitka soundboard.

Fret board is Indian Rosewood with a compoind radius. Bindings and bridge also Indian Rosewood with other trim from the same Blackwood as the back and sides.

Gotoh machine heads and a low sheen French polish finish.

Blackwood and Sitka Tenor-8.jpg
Blackwood and Sitka Tenor-9.jpg
Blackwood and Sitka Tenor-10.jpg
Blackwood and Sitka Tenor-14.jpg
Blackwood and Sitka Tenor-13.jpg

First thing I noticed was the cream colored tuner knobs which I think is a departure for you Allen. I like it... As usual a very tasty instrument.

I have dozens of different tuners in stock, and I always give the client the choice. These ones are ivoroid, and I think look much nicer than just a cream coloured plastic. They have nice grain patterns in them that give a nice texture.

Blackwood and Sitka Tenor-7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
"I'm particularly pleased with this one........................."

Photos of your ukes never fail to please me. As ever, this is a beauty.

As always, I'm so impressed with your instruments, they are so beautiful and elegant, with a quality that shines through! Although, if I may be so bold as to say, your photo #4 with the oval sound hole, reminds me of "The Scream"! (Yes, I know, I have a vivid imagination). I still love it!

Bob

Attachments

• the-scream.jpg
    the-scream.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 4
Top Bottom