Separate Tabs Section for Low G and High G

Buddy McCue

Reaction score
I have a suggestion about the Tabs Forum.

Tabs are very different if they are worked out for re-entrant tuning or not. Maybe there could be different sub-forums for each kind?

There could be a forum for Soprano, Concert and Tenor and a separate one for Baritone, since the arrangements are so different. It seems to me that a player who owns one kind of ukulele and not the other kind would benefit from such a change. Some arrangements work for both, so maybe there could be a "either" category too.

Just throwing my two cents in! I love the website, and I'll keep coming here and contributing things as long as you keep it up and running.

Thanks, guys.

I agree that arrangements done in re-entrant tuning are worked out differently to those done for a low 4th string. I only ever publish arrangements with high G tuning.

However, I don't think that it is necessary or desirable to distinguish in any way between the various sizes of ukulele. I nearly always record my tabs on a tenor uke, because it records better. But I invariably work them out using a soprano. My arrangements can be played just as effectively on a sopranino down to a tenor. Even a baritone could be used if it had re-entrant tuning (just move the chords up 5 notes).

KEN

I see no reason to distinguish between tabs for soprano, concert or tenor. Baritone maybe but really I don't think it is necessary. One could make a case regarding a section for re-entrant (high G) tabs and a low G section. But, again, I don't think this is necessary. I think this particular forum has enough categories to discuss ukes, guitars and beyond as it stands now.

I heard through the grapevine that Al over at UkeHunt has created a page dedicated to baritone tabs. You might want to check that out at www.ukehunt.com.

I think a better solution would be to have everyone simply note in the subject line if the ta b being posted is for any tuning other than "standard".

JJ

Top Bottom