What is your favorite, most-played uke brand?

Why is this thread in the review part of the forum?

Hi Jarmo, I suppose that in responding to the originator's topical question, we naturally tend not only to state the brand/model that we seem to reach for the most, but also to mention some of the attributes of that brand/model that we find appealing; so in that sense, at least to a limited degree, we're providing a kind of "review" with our response (even if not terribly detailed). Everyone have a good Thursday! Play on!

As of now, it's still the Kala Waterman Clear Soprano because I'm ok w/ tucking on the top/back of the couch.
Unlike the other six ukuleles I acquired in the span of 20 days. They do all get played (even if just a little) every day.
OMG, this is intense. My partner hasn't given me [serious] ultimatums yet. Sigh...

The ukulele I tend to play most now, is the ukulele I bought last. Currently that is an Eddy Finn moon. I try to play all my ukuleles daily but find I don’t always have the time. I only have three, how do those of us that have more manage. ... thinking I might like to get a pineapple shape.

Kanilea fo sho

Kiwaya. I flirt with other brands, but that's the one I'm committed to. You never know what the future will bring, though. If it brings a Kamaka, that could change. :)

I love my Córdoba 25sk soprano. I loved it the instant I picked it up. It’s snappy, great for strumming, and the neck size is perfect for my short stubs. She’s purty too.

My go-to ukes are still my Kamaka tenors. Love the easy tension and feel of the Kamaka strings. Great sound of course too.

Kiwaya. I flirt with other brands, but that's the one I'm committed to. You never know what the future will bring, though. If it brings a Kamaka, that could change. :)

Earlier in this thread I listed my Cordoba 24T, but since then, I've acquired a Kiwaya KTC-1....it's an amazing ukulele!! I pick it up and never want to put it down again... I only wish they made the same uke in tenor size!

Earlier in this thread I listed my Cordoba 24T, but since then, I've acquired a Kiwaya KTC-1....it's an amazing ukulele!! I pick it up and never want to put it down again... I only wish they made the same uke in tenor size!

Glad to hear you like it, Yankee, that's how I feel about my KTC-2. I can never think of anything I'd want from a concert that I don't already have.

My favorite: Ohana tenor, all solid, myrtle S&B, Port Orford cedar top. I wonder why they call it cedar -- it's actually cypress. This tenor is amazingly light. It sings, chimes, growls - as needed. Cuts great in a group, when you ask it to.

Mya Moe, followed by Outdoor Ukulele and Loprinzi. My Cocobolo baritone is a favorite too :)

Top Bottom