What is your favorite, most-played uke brand?

Since it’s my newest ukulele family member, my Imua soprano has been getting a lot of attention lately. However, the one I grab most often is my Gary Gill concert scale tenor. It’s easy playing, mellow, and has great overall intonation.

Probably one of my Rob Collins from Tinguitar

Right now, it’s definitely my Pono Mango Soprano. I’m on a soprano kick lately and this Pono is way too much fun.

I guess since two out of five are Kiwaya, that says it all. But the Timms gets a lot of play, too.

My favourite at the moment would be my Sinye tenor (because it's my newest). The one I play most is my Rubin RS101 because it was cheap so I keep it in the back of my Land Rover to play anytime I'm early for work.

The ukulele I play most is a butler music lu21p special that cost me under 40usd shipped I think. Worked on the nut and saddle and the intonation is great. Gets dramatically more play time than anything else probably because it's always available. I keep it on a hanger near the kitchen.

Now I would really like to try out a concert islander. I hope it could dethrone that lu21p with wider nut and hopefully just long enough scale for picking on the higher frets..

Nice - I got a bunch of those Butler Music specials and put some time in on for my kids school. The LU21P was definitely an amazing sound for the price, head and shoulders above anything else in the low end laminate market that I've encountered.

I'd go for the islander concert - at least for my hands the islander neck is one of the most comfortable out there.

For me - the Blackbird Clara does the bulk of the uke duties - can't beat the mix of durability and sound. The Gold Tone resouke is making a strong case for second place - I love the big sound with a slightly different quality.

Since there's been a spate of Blackbird critiques on the site lately, I thought I'd chime in and express my love for the Farallon. It's got a sound all its own, is super responsive, and just feels *right* to hold and play. Definitely the uke that gets the most noodling time with me, and the one I always seem to go back to...

Currently my Cordoba 24T tenor is most often the one I reach for when I want to play. I love this uke! It's so light and responsive easy to play and it sounds wonderful. The setup was perfect right out of the box....and with the cedar top, spalted maple b&s, vermillion padauk binding and matte finish, it's beautiful as well.

I just finished making a bone nut for my Islander tenor though, and now that the action is dialed in, it's finally getting the playtime it deserves.

Martin C1k. I try to play my Fluke and Ohana but they don’t put a smile on my face like the Martin :)

I have many go to ukes that I play regularly, but I tend to reach for my cheaper ukes on a daily basis, I have a cheap Caramel tenor electro acoustic which I bought for £50 on ebay a few months ago, I take this everywhere, I also use a cheap Snail acoustic tenor which has also been well travelled,

but for sheer joy and musical satisfaction I really love my Koaloha Pikkake soprano, My Pete Howlett Marmite tenor, My Mahon Custom Cedar top electro acoustic tenor, for gigging it has to be my Kala Jazz top, but overall and when I want those intimate moments, you know just me and my uke times, My cedar/rosewood tenor Mainland

Barnes and Mullins The Gresse, top dog for me, sound good, play good, look good, reasonable price, had Soprano, conceert, tenor and baritone. Decided to sell all but the soprano, but that only because I enjoy soprano and smaller best. If you aint tried them, then you missed something good. :)

Kanile'a. Best sounding and best wood. Hard to reach for the others now that I have this one!

Most Played: Mainland mahogany concert
Love Sound: Kala solid cedar top tenor I'm trying to stretch my hands for.

Using the concert to learn the cords better to finger on tenor is really helping. Wish I'd know that earlier. Almost gave up. That Kala was the first uke I bought and almost gave up because I couldn't get a good stretch. Using the concert as a step up is really helping.

Most played, whicheVer uke is closest. The Martin tenor in the living room gets played a lot, it is easy peasy to play and has a great tone. The new (really old) Martin soprano is getting a lot of play too (new kid on the block.)

Top Bottom