Amahi Brand Ukuleles?

TheKlmslim

Reaction score
I just recently heard of Amahi brand ukuleles, my local music shop swears that theyre just as good as the entry level kala laminate ukuleles, but im not so sure about that. I also talked with a representative from the company and they say theyre a fairly new brand and havent made a name for themselves quite yet, they dont sell online because they want to promote ma and pa shops so they can compete in the market. It makes it hard to find reviews online about them... Theyre the same company that makes the snail series ukes that ive heard about on other threads, and according to what theyve said theyre great quality that are on par of not better than the entry level Kala ukes. Does anyone have anything to say about Amahi ukuleles? From personal experience? Would you guys agree and say they're good quality comparable to Kala ukuleles? The one im looking at is the Mahogany Classic series, its really quite goodlooking and if they really are around the same quailty as Kala im going to pick it up today. Anyways your input is greatly appreciated! Please stop me if im about to make a mistake😂

My wife has a Snail (Amahi) 'ukulele she likes with D'Addario strings. She picked a laminate design with abalone purfling based on appearance. The music store had a solid ebony model I thought sounded great.

Of course the solid wood models cost more, and you don't see them in stores as often. The store owner knows their market and often carries what is easier to sell.

Check out this thread;
http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?124273-Amahi&highlight=Amahi

And this one;
http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?97980-Snail-Ukulele-Mahogany-Tenor-(by-amahi)&highlight=Amahi

I've spoken to the Amahi folks at Summer NAMM a couple of times. Very nice folks and very service oriented They also spoke of their strong belief in setup, and said they setup their 'ukuleles before shipping to the store.

Last edited:
This thread pops up every so often.

I own their Amahi Baritone....It's great! I had an Amahi Sop and gifted it. It, too was great! I've always had good experiences with their products and have no hesitation in recommending them.

I, also, agree I'd change the strings. In general, I'm not an Aquila fan.

I'm intrigued by this brand - does anyone know of a dealer in the Chicago area please?

When looking for my first uke I was mentally set on a concert size and it was between the Kala Brand and Cordoba however the shop I went to had Amahi available also but I never heard of them so I tried one out and it was the soprano sized peanut model in mahogany (Model-UK217pt)......even though it was smaller and more expensive then the models I was interested in, I was really taken back by the sound and tone of it. I continued to try the other brands available but I kept picking up the much smaller amahi as the tone of it had me wanting to play it more and more. Long story short I left with the amahi and did not regret it one bit. A few months later I went back and picked up the Kala ka-15C that I originally was looking at in the first place and now I still play the amahi much more then the Kala but I love them both for their own reasons......I just had to have both as they each offer their own qualities and sound that I could not decide which one I wanted more between the two. The Amahi does get much more play time though and is always going on trips with me.

Last edited:
Congrats on your two new finds! A friend of mine was looking for a new uke last year, she had 3 Amahis to choose from, and a Snail. i advised her to get the Snail, she did, and she didn't regret it.
A Snail is just an upscale Amahi.....

Top Bottom