8 String tuning help please! C

Scatterbrain

Reaction score
My BR V2-T8 arrived this morning and I love it but am scratching my head with the C strings.

So far I have it as follows:

G4, G3 (Wound)

C5, C4 (Is this correct or should it be C4 C3? The thinnest string is nearest the top of the uke) :confused:

E4, E4

A4, A4

My BR V2-T8 arrived this morning and I love it but am scratching my head with the C strings.

So far I have it as follows:

G4, G3 (Wound)

C5, C4 (Is this correct or should it be C4 C3? The thinnest string is nearest the top of the uke) :confused:

E4, E4

A4, A4

That's how mine is tuned. The hi octave towards the 4th string. Does it sing "My Dog Has Fleas"?

Why are you confused? :eek:ld:

Last edited:
It sounded correct and when I detuned to what I (intuitively) thought should be C4, C3 the strings were far too floppy. Glad I have it right with the C5, C4 and thank you for putting my mind at rest. And yes, it does sing my dog has fleas :)

It sounded correct and when I detuned to what I (intuitively) thought should be C4, C3 the strings were far too floppy. Glad I have it right with the C5, C4 and thank you for putting my mind at rest. And yes, it does sing my dog has fleas :)

You're welcome, glad to help. Have a good time with your eighter. I really like my Kala. :eek:ld:

Top Bottom