Some good weather at last!

Vespa Bob

Reaction score
Finally the moment has arrived here in San Jose when the rain has given us a break and today is just perfect, sunny, mild and calm. So out with the spraying equipment and the first couple of coats of lacquer have been sprayed. Hopefully, tomorrow will turn out just as nice.

BobFinishing day.jpgFinishing day 2.jpg

Same here ...The last two days have been great with lots of sunshine, and the temperature has risen about 10 degrees..I'm begining to feel a lot better now that the depression is lifting, and I'm tidying up the workshop so that I can get back into the swing again..over the last couple of months "I dun got the blues" ;)

*Edit* Just heard the latest BBC weather report..It's expected to warm up to 15 degrees C this weekend ..Wow!

Last edited:
Yeah I've been blue myself. I lost a good friend, the weather is cold, etc. etc. I sometimes wonder if building ukes is good when I"m in the dumps. Do I want or need the stress? I mean bad s** can happen when you are building and it is not a good feeling. On the other hand it does take my mind off my troubles. I'm currently working with some wild burl wood and it is a constant battle against chip-out. So far so good, but just today a piece of burl just chipped out and almost ruined my edge. It was fine in the end and didn't go deep into the field which would have been very, very bad. But I had to ask myself: Do I really need this s**? My answer: Yeah, it does help because making beautiful things is never bad.

Top Bottom